Cyrus Tri Arbour rack owners...

cyrus fan

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
I've just upgraded to a Clearer Audio Copper Line mains cable to connect to my CD6S, which sits at the top of the rack and find that because the IEC is so bulky and the cable so stiff, it won't fit the space behind. If you've got one, you'll know there's no cable mgmt holes at the top.

So I've put the CD player lower on the rack but it looks odd and if in due course I want to upgrade the mains cable to the amp, that won't be able to go on top either and it's clearly designed so that one unit fills the top slot.

Has anyone with a Tri Arbour changed their mains cable and did you find this problem?

Many thanks

Messiah

I have upgraded to Merlin cables but the ones I have do not have a chunky end like the Clearer Audio. I guess you'll either have to get a different cable or cut a hole out!!

cyrus fan

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Which Merlin/s do you have, Messiah? And how are you getting on with it?

I like my Merlin Chopin interconnect v. much. I auditioned several and found it to be the best in my system (Cyrus CD6s, Cyrus 6Vs amp, Focal 806 speakers.)

Messiah

I have just purchased the Tarantula Classic (and Chopins and IRC6 Speaker cable) and have only taken delivery of them today so I have not tried them yet. However, I am going to do some testing over the next couple of days - especially to see of the mains cable makes a difference - and I'll get back to you!

cyrus fan

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Okay, thanks, I'll be interested to hear. Yes, the Tarantula Classic has got a short IEC, so that's a possible for me.

I've only got the Copper Line today as well. Sounds worse than the standard cable so far, but I'm not too surprised as everything needs running in...

Messiah

Right, well I tried the mains lead on the TV and it did give me a slightly better picture! I know it was never gonna give a massive gain but it was definitely better. I fitted all of the other leads onto my system today and the sound is significantly better! (bear in mind though I changed Mains cables, Interconnects and Speaker Cable).

The Tarantula just squeezes into the space on my Tri-Arbour so that was OK. When I get my CD6s back from repair (again) I will try a more thorough test of the mains leads.

cyrus fan

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
That's interesting - I'm surprised it's made a difference already. My Copper Line is still sounding average, but it's almost certainly going back anyway because of the fitting problem, but I'm continuing to run it in to see what it can do (if anything.)

Messiah

Like I said, I did change all the cables at once so cannot be certain yet how much impact the mains lead has had.

Thorough test to follow...................................

clearer_audio

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi Cyrus Fan,

If you are having problems with the chunky Wattgate 320i IEC and the cable being too thick then you could try the Copper-line Alpha. This has a slimmer IEC of standard size and the cable is not quite as thick. All of our power cables will be stiff to start with but will become more flexible over time.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Darren

cyrus fan

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Regarding my OP, I'm very pleased to report that the Clearer Audio Copper-line does now fit. The cable loosened up over a few days of bending it one way and another (which Darren at CA said was fine to do) and just fits behind the CD6S.
emotion-2.gif

I've found it a very worthwhile improvement and expect to get one for my amp in due course, although I think that's going back to Cyrus first for upgrade to 8vs2 spec.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts