Cyrus PSX-R with 8vs2?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have bought the cyrus 8vs2, and it is superb with my spendor speakers.

My question is, if I had a PSX-R with it (second hand), the latest version, what would this improve in the sound etc, and is it worth say £250?

Phil

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
The PSX-R's improve the overall; clarity of the soundstage as well as offering a bit more punchier and well timed bass and crisper treble.

This is the next upgrade my other half will be doing with her Cyrus 8v2, XPower, 8SE CDP and B&W CM7 system.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I have an 8vs2 and a CD8x. When I bought my kit, I was given a demo with and without the PSX-R, and the 8 Power. The PSX-R added detail, and the 8 Power added dynamics. There was definitely an improvement.

Interestingly, I feel that I have achieved more detail by adding a Tacima mains conditioner/surge protector to the setup, though possibly at the expense of a little bass. On this basis, I probably wouldn't buy the PSX-R, but would go for the 8 Power.

A

Anonymous

I already have a TCI Baby Constrictor 4 wat, it has all of the things the Tacima has, but also alot more...

I might have a borrow of an 8 power from my local music matters, but the PSX-R would be from flea bay, so I couldn't try that out.

Thanks for your answers guys.

Phil

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts