Cyrus PreAmp Options

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone compared the DAC section in the new Cyrus Stream XP (v2) to the PreXPD Qx? What about the Preamp section, are they of similar quality in both?

I have the 8XPD QX currently, fed by Sonos. I am considering upgrade options, likely the X Power and one of the above two. I would want to at least maintain the DAC quality compared to what I have now. While the Stream XP option looks good, the lack of Spotify/Napster would mean we would still need to use the Sonos as a source at least some of the time (my OH only uses Sonos now and would be very upset if we lost it).

Anyone done a comparison?

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the pre xpd qx and it sounds fantastic.. I went for a Naim streamer in the end as i liked the way it boosted the low/mids for my taste in music and wanted to keep source/amp seperate for future upgrades... Obviously thats an expensive route but 0% over 12 months and if i want to change or upgrade my pre power in the future i can.. I'd be interested to hear if someone has compared the two though.. If you can get a dem or the new stream xp /pre xpd and the pre xpd with a naim streamer i'd be interested to hear what you thought..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts