Cyrus & Dali kit

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

I have a Cyrus CD6s, a Cyrus 8vs2 and Dali Ikon 4 speakers; the interconnect is a QED Silver Spiral and the speaker cable is QED XT 400. When I auditioned it in the shop, I was very impressed. The detail, openess and transparency is staggering. In my house, however, the bass is still there but seems, well, shy. The detail and transparency seems to overwhelm the bottom end. I checked with the shop and they said that they had used different cables and interconnects, but that the system would warm up. Almost a year on and I still think the bottom end is too retiring. Can you recommend any tweaks, changes or adjustments?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Upgrading to an 8 player will go some way towards better bass. The 8 amp is not bass light so I'd have to guess your dali's may be not the best match though I am not familiar with that speaker and the fact you liked the dem would point towards towards a room problem. Having said that, a room problem normally means excess or ill defined bass rather than the opposite.

I would assume that after a year you/ve tried all the positioning options so cables would be an option. I would not suggest adding a psx at this stage as that would tighten the bass further.

In the end perhaps your ears fooled you at the dealer dem. It takes quite a while to get accustomed to a certain sound if you're not familiar with it. Perhaps go back, start again, swap the cdp, speakers etc etc and insist on a home trial, the only way to really find out if that system suits you.

A

Anonymous

I cant suggest anything other than new speakers to give a lot more bass (Dynaudio, Spendor work superb with Cyrus), but Van Den Hull cabling definitely will give you a fuller bottom end and warmer midrange.

TRENDING THREADS