Cyrus DAC XP with Primare Kit - AM I MAD???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have a Primare CD 31, Primare A32 power amp and Primare SPA 21 which I am using as a pre-amp for the A32 and DAC for my sonos. These are connected to Wilson Benesch ACT speakers. Nordost cabling is used throughout.

I am looking to ditch the SPA21 and either: 1. Buy a Primare Pre30 allowing me to have a fully balanced chain from CD31 to A32 (and only retain the SPA 21 as a DAC for my Sonos) or 2. buy a Cyrus DAC XP and connect it (balanced) to the A32, with an option to use the DAC on the CD31 via RCA or connect via coax to DAC XP. What should I do? Am I bonkers? Does Primare and Cyrus mix or will it stink?

I live in the Cayman Islands so unfortunately cannot evaluate any of this, I really need some advice before I buy remotely. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

John Duncan

Sparky D Turtle:I live in the Cayman Islands

In which case, you can do what you like!

Sparky D Turtle:I currently have a Primare CD 31, Primare A32 power amp and Primare SPA 21 which I am using as a pre-amp for the A32 and DAC for my sonos. These are connected to Wilson Benesch ACT speakers. Nordost cabling is used throughout. I am looking to ditch the SPA21 and either: 1. Buy a Primare Pre30 allowing me to have a fully balanced chain from CD31 to A32 (and only retain the SPA 21 as a DAC for my Sonos) or 2. buy a Cyrus DAC XP and connect it (balanced) to the A32, with an option to use the DAC on the CD31 via RCA or connect via coax to DAC XP. What should I do?

But more helpfully...

Two alternatives - update to an SPA31 for balanced inuot from the CD31, or get the Pre30 for the fully balanced CD-Amp chain, and add a DACMagic for the Sonos, which can go into the second balanced input on the Pre30.

Yes the DAC XP is better than a DACMagic, but with disposals and acquisitions I suspect the SPA31 or pre30/DACMagic combo would offer a much better performance/cost ratio.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts