Cyrus CD8 SE problems seem to be solved

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Had one these on order and picked it up yesterday.So far had no problems with any disk (probably tried loading about 25 or so) all loaded up on the first attempt.Also loaded up CD-Rs without a problem,again,all loaded up on the first try.Seems like Cyrus have sorted this player,but i'll let you know if I run into any problems in the next few days.

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
right on, how about your review. If your on these forms you know im waiting for mine in canada, but i would like a independent review and im sure others would also. Thanks

A

Anonymous

funkbrother:Had one these on order and picked it up yesterday.So far had no problems with any disk (probably tried loading about 25 or so) all loaded up on the first attempt.Also loaded up CD-Rs without a problem,again,all loaded up on the first try.Seems like Cyrus have sorted this player,but i'll let you know if I run into any problems in the next few days.

Pleased it's fixed....... certainly Mr Schmidt will breath a sigh of relief.....

A

Anonymous

Hi Mike,yes I know you are waiting for one of these to arrive so I thought it would help to post my findings.First off,I still haven't had any problem with loading discs,each disc has loaded first time.I'm still runnining it in at the moment,its got about 45hrs on repeat play (cyrus recommend about 3 days) and the sound is really changing.The amount of detail this player digs up is amazing,things that were only hinted at on my previous players (of around the same money) now are clearly audible and easy to follow.There also seems to be alot of "space" around each musical strand,even in the finer background details.It does all the hi-fi stuff really well but it never seems like its putting it before the music,it doesn't sound "clinical" in anyway,just detailed and above all musical.It will definitely have you going back through your cd collection.Overall,IMO this is a fantastic cdp,well worth what Cyrus are asking for it.

A

Anonymous

Quick update on the 8se.Been running it in on repeat play for 100+ hrs and its jumped up another level completely.To anyone buying one of these I would say give it plenty of run in time,it really seems to benefit from it.It now has a much smoother sound than from straight out the box and its digging up even more detail.This is a stunning piece of kit.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
funkbrother:Quick update on the 8se.Been running it in on repeat play for 100+ hrs and its jumped up another level completely.To anyone buying one of these I would say give it plenty of run in time,it really seems to benefit from it.It now has a much smoother sound than from straight out the box and its digging up even more detail.This is a stunning piece of kit.

You also have good partnering kit.

I'm tempted to go for an 8se and power supply to fill up the gap on my stand. Will that work?

Just imagine how yours would sound with a power amp!

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Hi Joelsim,definitely would work!I demoed the 8se with the matching Cyrus 8 amp in the shop and to be honest I found it a bit too thin.We then tried it with the new Arcam A38 (it was the nearest they had to my A32) and to my surprise I actually thought it sounded better.Maybe it was just my ears as i've had a lot of Arcam gear in the past,but i think the slightly warmer Arcam amps work well with the more leaner sounding Cyrus.And there are some decent deals on the FMJ P35 power amps at the moment.....um,saying that I would love to hear it with the Roksan Caspian 1 amp! its a slippery slope..lol

A

Anonymous

I am from Perth, Western Australia, and I have had the pleasure of borrowing a Cyrus CD 8 SE for the last few days and have ordered one for myself.

Before this, I have had a Marantz CD6002 for about 3 months and while good for the money, the Cyrus CD 8 SE is quite a few leagues ahead.

I have Australian-made loudspeakers throughout, by a company called Krix, and I have a NAD M25 7-channel power amplifier, with an Integra (owned by Onkyo) DTR7.8 as a pre-amplifier.

A

Anonymous

Good choice Dantan you can't go wrong with the 8se,but like I said above IMO it needs about 100hrs on repeat play from new before it really starts to sing.

cheers.

A

Anonymous

Thanks mate. I did notice when I borrowed the CD 8 SE, that Cyrus themselves stated at least 3 days before this CD Player starts performing at its best, and I did notice over the several days I had it that it started retrieving more and more detail. This is just a stunning CD Player, and well worth its price.

Unfortunately, I had to return it yesterday and plugged my Marantz CD6002 CD Player back in, and I started becoming critical of its deficiencies compared to the excellent CD 8 SE. However, considering the huge price difference, the CD6002 is certainly not a bad player at all.

I believe that I am going to be the first Cyrus owner in Western Australia. At the moment, Perth does not have a Cyrus retailer, but I had enquired from a company in Australia which distributes Cyrus gear (a company called Crestmore), and they priced me up on the 6 SE and 8 SE delivered to Perth. However, I spoke with my local hi-fi retailer (which I get most of my hi-fi gear from), and the guy was interested in having Cyrus on, so he liaised with the guy from Crestmore, and they sent him over a 6 SE, 8 SE, and vs2 integrated stereo amplifier.

I have since ordered a new 8 SE for myself, which, with some luck, will arrive tomorrow for me to enjoy from this weekend.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts