Cyrus CD 8 se loading mechanism...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I recently brought a Cyrus CD 8 se, sounds lovely but does anyone think that the loading mechanism is not upto sctatch?

Compared to my PS3 there seems to be contact between the cd and some part of player, and the Cyrus does not eject the CD enough.

It just seems strange that a £300 games console can have a superior loading slot than a £1000+ CD player.

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
I have one and had no problems with mine, no scratching no error messages and very little pick up errors. The most frequent errors would be on my end. If a disc does not load give it some time, even up to 30 sec or jump to a track number I have found that helps on the extreme end of things. The only piece of suggestion I can give is to enjoy it, don't get caught up on the forums here. But if it is scratching,,,,cant have that. And for disc eject I grab it around the inside ring and I find there is enough room to grab and pull with out touching the playing surface.

john dolan

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
I don't have any issues with my xtse it all works fine.When i first got it i had 2 discs that gave a loading error but that was down to me being heavy handed and withing a few disc loads i got the knack and no problems since.Im more than happy with my player.

A

Anonymous

It took me a couple of weeks to get accustomed to how to load CD's into the CD 8 SE. It is a little slow-witted, I must admit, but then the Servo Evolution players are supposed to read the CD's better first time, to minimise error correction, so I suppose that it is slow for a reason.

Yes, the Sony Playstation 3's loading mechanism seems to be smoother and quicker but we are talking about a fairly high-end CD Player in the CD 8 SE, and apart from the first couple of weeks when I was a little impatient and was still trying to get the hang of it, I am fine with it now (although I still feel that the CD's should be ejected about an inch more).

Otherwise, performance is absolutely fantastic, and I have managed to borrow a PSX-R (out-board power supply from Cyrus) and early impressions are extremely positive, so it appears as though an order might be in the pipe-line.

Dan.

A

Anonymous

I had a couple of problems with my cd8 se, but i think i got one of the first batches. My dealer got me a new one, next day delivery, and it works fine, apart from it still wont play the duffy cd. Some may say thats a benefit! I got the psx-r for it, and its fantastic. Looking to replace my 685s now. Any ideas for about £1000-£1400?

jubair

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
After 5 months of use there's 2 discs that won't work in cyrus cd 6se. One is Air France 'No Way Down' which I only bought last week and is in perfect condition. The other is Led Zep's 'Physical Graffiti' Disc 1 which has some fine scratches. For some reason Disc 2 of the same album works fine. Anyone else had problems with those discs?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts