Cyrus Amp Speaker cable plugs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My Cyrus 8 amp has speaker plugs which look a bit like like a revolver pistol. My problem is that the weight of the bi-wire constantly pulls the wire out of one plug and the screw seems incapable of holding it. I dion`t have enough cable left to keep cutting and remaking the connection.Is there an alternative plug? - the cyrus one or two [ can`t remember which] I previously had used banana plugs which were much easier. Mike

My Cyrus 8 amp has speaker plugs which look a bit like like a revolver pistol. My problem is that the weight of the bi-wire constantly pulls the wire out of one plug and the screw seems incapable of holding it. I dion`t have enough cable left to keep cutting and remaking the connection.Is there an alternative plug? - the cyrus one or two [ can`t remember which] I previously had used banana plugs which were much easier. Mike

A

Anonymous

Thanks Frank

Please excuse my lack of knowledge

Now off hunting for a bunch of bananas

Mike

A

Anonymous

I use these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chord-Company-4mm-Banana-BFA-Plug-Dual-Screw-Speaker-Cable-Connectors-NEW-/170828056093?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item27c625461d

Had them for my Cyrus 8VS2 and now for my Arcam alpha 10

As they're banana plugs but also hollow; means that you can use them with more or less any amp!

A

Anonymous

The Chord BFA plugs look good, but there is a cheaper alternative. I've just fitted some Nakamichi BFA plugs, ordered them from ebay “www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24-PCS-Nakamichi-BFA-Speaker-banana-plug-connector-534E-/160600988674?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2564909c02” . Supplier despatches from overseas but I got mine within 2-3 weeks. Quality is ok and just like the Chord plugs, there are two grub screws to secure the cable. One thing that I'm not too sure about is that I don't know whether they are insulated or not. The case is metal, looks like aluminium, so I've covered with shrink wrap just to be sure that I won't short the amp if the plugs happen to touch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts