Cyrus 6v2 amp problem

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Hello

Ive had a phone call my my girlfriends parents tonight re their Cyrus 6v2 amp.

Theyve been listening to their DAB radio via a 3.5mm jack plug to phono lead. Theyve never had any issues before but theyve switched it off (the radio) whilst still connected to the amp and now the amp wont switch on.

Ive asked them to unplug everything (radio, CDP and speaker cable) and just switch the amp back on and its running thru the sequence of lights and then goes to stand-by mode but when you go to swicth it back on it flashes red as if somethings gone wrong/somethings blown.

Has anyone any ideas what this could be? Im thinking that spomething may have gone!

It was bought brand new in Feb this year from Sevenoaks so its covered by warrenty. I'm going to take it in for them tomorrow to see what the lads at Seveoaks say, i just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on here?

Thanks for any tips/advice.

A

Anonymous

It looks like its getting overloaded in some way and the protection mode is kicking in ... maybe a short of some sort, but I guess as its nothing obvious and its still under warranty its best to just take it back to the shop.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Haha no worries JD :)

It's gone back to the shop. No idea whats up with it; itll go back to Cyrus so will have to wait and see whats said. Hopefully they'll either fix it or just send out a new one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts