Cyrus 2 stopped working. HELP

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can't get a peep out of them, the led lights still come on. Had the tops off, one of the fuses in the psx had blown, replaced fuse, blew straightaway. The power switch on the psx does not click anymore, but still turns it on and off. Any ideas.

A

Anonymous

When you replaced the fuse in the PSX did you also replace the fuse in the plug? Anyway whether you did or did not my advice is the same... make a decision. How much do they mean to you?

There are a couple of repairers who advertise on Ebay now... the better looking of them is here...

LINK

Otherwise take them to a local and trusted repairer, a good one (may not be local but can be sent items) is Audiogold:

LINK

Also try Cyrus's own service department, the only reason that I did not mention them before is that I have no direct experience of them...

LINK

You might think that there is no way that you can afford the original manufacturer but they usually surprise you...

The flip side of the coin to repair? Upgrade.

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much for that. I might put them on ebay for spares. Thanks again.

A

Anonymous

I tried that. Still nothing. I've had them from new, I don't really want to get rid, but money is tight at the moment. I have another set up(Adcom) but if I had to bin the Cyrus it would be like losing an old friend.

mojoseven

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I would contact Cyrus. They repaired my 2/PSX for a very reasonable price. I was impressed by their customer service, even changed the caps for me.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
People at Cyrus are very nice, no doubt but why would you want to repair it? The shipping cost + labour cost + parts going to cost at least the same as what you would pay for a better modern amp....just a thought!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts