Curvi-Hifi great things to come...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I met the designer Dr Chris Liauw today at the show, he was demoing his brand new speakers that were officially launched at the show.

The technology, from what I could gather, was 2 flat speakers with infinite baffling, closed units with no cross-over and hard wired bookshelf speakers. The sound was something of a revelation. Sound stage was incredibly deep and detailed. Stereo imaging was perfect. They look strange but after hearing a £500k system then this I was still blown away.

I don't have the name of the speaker but it will be online soon, no doubt. www.Curvi-hifi.com

£995 a pair and after listening to speakers ranging from £400 - £116k these were the ones that impressed me the most. Some of you might have seen his Curvi-Hifi Model 1 Version 2 Loudspeakers for £4k.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Peter Crosby:
I met the designer Dr Chris Liauw today at the show, he was demoing his brand new speakers that were officially launched at the show.

The technology, from what I could gather, was 2 flat speakers with infinite baffling, closed units with no cross-over and hard wired bookshelf speakers. The sound was something of a revelation. Sound stage was incredibly deep and detailed. Stereo imaging was perfect. They look strange but after hearing a £500k system then this I was still blown away.

I don't have the name of the speaker but it will be online soon, no doubt. www.Curvi-hifi.com

£995 a pair and after listening to speakers ranging from £400 - £116k these were the ones that impressed me the most. Some of you might have seen his Curvi-Hifi Model 1 Version 2 Loudspeakers for £4k.

I heard these in last years manchester show- not impressed at all. They were playing sgt pepper on vinyl and it had no life. Now when I sat down in the ART room with a townshend rock turntable-I had goosebumps!! :) the best of the show for me (just my opinion of course)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
gbhsi1: Now when I sat down in the ART room with a townshend rock turntable-I had goosebumps!! :) the best of the show for me (just my opinion of course)

And that's what it's all about....

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:
gbhsi1: Now when I sat down in the ART room with a townshend rock turntable-I had goosebumps!! :) the best of the show for me (just my opinion of course)

And that's what it's all about....

Yes it is- that is what I want from my music (hi-fi)- it needs to stir me emotionally :)

A

Anonymous

Hi Peter,

I have only just noticed your posting concerning my Etude 1 BMR based speaker. I am very happy that you enjoyed these prototypes. There is a review by Paul Messenger of the prototypes you listened to at NAS2010 in the current issue of Hi-Fi Critic.

The production models will be available from Ikon Audio Consultants (01473 217853) within the next 3 to 4 weeks. Whilst the prototypes performed very well, the production models will be even better particularly in terms of cabinet construction; the front farings will be machined from Corian and will be invisibly screwed to the elastomeric damping sheet on the baffle. A similar constrained layer apprach will also be applied to the rear panel too. The braces in the cabinet will also be of hardwood and front to back braces and cross-braces are in mild steel tube. The compononent quality in the baffle step compensation filter will also be much improved too.

These improvements together with the increase in VAT plus the generally high UK production costs mean that I am no longer able to offer the RRP of £995 / pair. The final price has yet to be firmly decided with my distributor but they will certainly be somewhat shy of £2000 / pair.

Etude, like Curvi-HiFi, are CML Audio brands, Websites are in preparation.

All the best

Chris Liauw

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts