Current Vs New

bryster

Aug 9, 2008
Visit site
I've been mulling over the prospect of replacing my current Panasonic BD55 with one of the new players on offer (Panasonic DMP-BDT500 or Pioneer BDP-LX55).

Now while i noticed a marked improvement when upgrading from my PS3 to the Panasonic, I'm just wondering if I will notice any significant improvement by getting a new player

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
bryster said:
I've been mulling over the prospect of replacing my current Panasonic BD55 with one of the new players on offer (Panasonic DMP-BDT500 or Pioneer BDP-LX55).

Now while i noticed a marked improvement when upgrading from my PS3 to the Panasonic, I'm just wondering if I will notice any significant improvement by getting a new player
d

I imagine it will be a lot faster. Those Panasonics are SLOOOW. And I found no improvement in anything over the PS3 so am using that while my Panny gathers dust.

bryster

Aug 9, 2008
Visit site
What about it terms of motion handling, picture quality/resolution.

I must admit these were the things i really noticed when changing to a standalone player, especially the motion handling

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi Bryster

The new Pioneer 450 has had good reports it is pretty much the Lx55 but cheaper looks very nice to

AV-Land are doing it for 229pounds worth checking out.

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi Bryster

The new Pioneer 450 has had good reports it is pretty much the Lx55 but cheaper looks very nice to

AV-Land are doing it for 229pounds worth checking out.

bryster

Aug 9, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the info, but ive seen the LX55 for the same price at richer sounds.

Unfortunately I've heard it performs well when the deck isnt malfunctioning. Again probably wildly exaggerated, but I'll probably stick with the Panasonic as my current deck has never let me down. Reviews seem to indictae the BDT-500 is a better performer

But I'm still waiting on an answer to the original question. Will a new machine bring a big leap in perfamnce over what ive got now

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts