Creek - what happened to...

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I think the amp will be released this month.

creek-evo50a-avis-test-prix-review.jpg

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Before Xmas I contacted Creek about the new Evolution 50D CD player/DAC, as this was originally due out last summer along with the 50A amp. They informed me that if everything goes according to plan the 50D will be available from the end of February.

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
According to another forum where the designer of the Evolution 50D mentioned, the products are in the production line now, waiting for the firmware to be ready.

So the products should be available soon.

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Cypher said:
I think the amp will be released this month.

My Hi fi Choice magazine has just arrived and they are doing a review of the Evolution 50A amp to appear in next months magazine available from 7th Feb

Paul

creek-evo50a-avis-test-prix-review.jpg

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
" new Evolution 50A has won a Diapason d’or award for the best sounding amplifier at its level".

When will WHF review it? HiFi Choice already have a cliff hanger about really good sound.

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
NHL said:
" new Evolution 50A has won a Diapason d’or award for the best sounding amplifier at its level".

When will WHF review it? HiFi Choice already have a cliff hanger about really good sound.

Did WHF even review the original Evolution or the Evolution 2? I don't think they did and I wouldn't hold my breath about them getting a review sample of the Evolution 50. But it will be really cool if they surprise me.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
When the new models were announced in Spring last year the RRP suggested was £550 for both the 50A and 50D, and I think about £350 for the DAC. When they do finally arrive, albeit 6 months later than planned, I've not read anything to suggest that the original pricing has changed.

L00k_C

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
DIB said:
When the new models were announced in Spring last year the RRP suggested was £550 for both the 50A and 50D, and I think about £350 for the DAC. When they do finally arrive, albeit 6 months later than planned, I've not read anything to suggest that the original pricing has changed.

are you happy with the 5350?

I have an offer to buy used at 700 euros or shall I wait for the new amp?

thanks

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
L00k_C said:
DIB said:

thanks

Absolutely! Best amp I've owned but for a long time way out of my price range. Then I saw them being sold new at a touch over half price by Lintone Audio and I took the plunge.

Whether you should buy a used 5350 instead of a new 50A I cannot say. Do you have a chance to demo the used 5350 first to check out whether its for you?

L00k_C

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
DIB said:
L00k_C said:
DIB said:

thanks

Absolutely! Best amp I've owned but for a long time way out of my price range. Then I saw them being sold new at a touch over half price by Lintone Audio and I took the plunge.

Whether you should buy a used 5350 instead of a new 50A I cannot say. Do you have a chance to demo the used 5350 first to check out whether its for you?

I have audtioned it with KEF LS50. AMazing!!! have you just bought it...at around 650 pounds from linn? (silver?) :)

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
What I'd love to know is whether the Evolution 50A is a replacement for the Evo 2 or a new line of cheaper products from Creek. The Evo 50A is cheaper and lower powered, so it could be a new line, but it also seems to have more premium features than the EVO 2 (like balanced inputs).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts