Creek Destiny Amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, anyone heard the first version of the Creek Destiny amp? I don't think it is reviewed by What Hi Fi before. I know there's a version 2 launching soon but any comments on the current Creek Destiny amp?

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Yes, I've had the Destiny integrated and power amps for a couple of years now. Very pleased with them, haven't had any urges to upgrade to anything else. They can be used in passive or gain selectable active mode. They have a clear, neutral sound with plenty of grunt for those sudden dynamic swings.

The last two Creek products that WHF reviewed got 4 stars, and would be interesting to see a review of the Destiny 2 ..... along with the Destiny tuner which I'm still hopeful that the review team will take a look at.

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I heard the "1" on Tannoy's DC6. They sounded very right and sweet on the ear. Compared to my (old) Audio Innovations tube-amp it looses out on "holographics". The tubes sounded just more "musical". Look for a review of the "Destiny" on "techradar.com". On that site it is considered as an alternative to my current (tube-)amp (Cayin a55t). Of course different sound!

A

Anonymous

caesar44 said:
The Ver 1 is a nice amp, solid build and the sound is on the bright side with tight bass.

Hmm, I have the Destiny 2 and I wouldn't describe it as bright, perhaps your mixing bright with dry sounding? Before the Creek I had a Cyrus and more recently an Audio Analogue pre power combination. Now the Cyrus is what I'd call a bright (hard) the Audio Analogue was smooth and fluid, to me the Creek has more in common with the Audio Analogue though not quiet as humid.

smiley-smile.gif

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
By the way, there should be some old stock Destiny's 1 for 1/2 the price of the new "2". If i were you (interested in the "Destiny") I would go for that one!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts