Crackle through speaker as I am turning up volume

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I notice that while I am turning up the volume (either manually or with the remote) on my integrated amp, there is a slight crackle that accompanies the music. It stops when I have completed the volume increase. I haven't noticed this before.

The only things I've changed are connecting my turntable through the Bellari phono tube amp through Aux (previously I connected it directly to the internal phono stage of the amp) and I have upgraded the speaker cable. Or does my amp need a service (it's only about 2 years old -- the Marantz PM 7001)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Dusty pot, service should help (but point out the issue) they'll probably give it a good clean out.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, probably some dirt or dust on the tracks of the volume potentiometer. Before spending money on a service, try turning the volume control up and down a few times rapidly - sometimes these things will self-clean.

A

Anonymous

What about popping the lid and giving it a squirt with some canned air, or perhaps a little WD40?

Ragworm

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
I had exactly this problem with my old PM40SE amp. The volume control was also a little lose. I opened it up (with the main unplugged of course) and tightened the nut on the back of the volume control. Both problems went away!

A

Anonymous

Servisol is spot on but please do not use WD40. I have seen this stuff ruin lots of equipment.The servisol will evaporate
Brent

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts