Couple of questions about Naim UnitiQute connections.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Here is a picture of the rear of the Unitiqute...

http://www.audioplus.org.uk/wordpress/wp-content/gallery/unitiqute_smaller/UnitiQute_rear_Smaller.jpg

The first question/concern is about the FM/DAB external aerial co-ax connection. I can only see one connection marked 'aerial'. (FM or DAB or both?)

DAB and FM require different exterior aerials and it is normal (in my experience of my old Arcam Solo Mini for instance) to see two aerial inputs.

The second question is about the speaker connections. Naim provide their own connectors (that I use on my current gear with NACA5 cable) but - looking at the picture linked above - I can't see how the LH connector would not foul the mains connector/cable, especially given how rigid NACA5 speaker cable is. (It is printed on the rear of the UnitiQute to avoid use of 4mm banana plugs and to use the supplied connectors.)

Is it possible that Naim are going to provide new connectors - specifically for use with the Unitiqute - so the speaker cables can drop vertically down from the terminals and not foul the mains connector? (Especially with stiff cables like their own NACA5)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I think you'll find the answers are:

Yes, single antenna input for DAB/FM. Just like on the NaimUniti, where it works fine.

Yes, new design of plug, with straight-through cable connections.

A

Anonymous

Are you planning on using a power amplifier with this system?

Are you concerned about the 80db signal-to-noise ratio?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts