Could the Yamaha DSP-AX863SE run the B&W 684 Theatre?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
ajharris:
Could the Yamaha DSP-AX863SE run the B&W 684 Theatre? If it can, how good would it sound?

Thanks, I need help!

Of course it could - I would imagine it would sound very good - not actually heard the Yamaha in action but it's been raved over.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
ajharris:Would the 2.1 idea have more bass?

For movies, the subwoofer (the .1) is very important in my opinion. Even speakers like mine that have excellent bass, don't do the real lower end as well for movies as a really good sub.

It all depends on what is important to you. If you get any of the speakers mentioned and add a sub like the PV1 or RSW12, you will have a great 2.1 speaker set up. Add a £600-£1000 receiver and it will be very impressive.

daveh75

You really need to go and audition some kit for yourself imo! Doing research in the form of reading reviews,getting peoples opinions on forums etc is great upto a point, but it's not the be all and end all,whats good for one person may not suit your needs or tastes.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
daveh75:You really need to go and audition some kit for yourself imo! Doing research in the form of reading reviews,getting peoples opinions on forums etc is great upto a point, but it's not the be all and end all,whats good for one person may not suit your needs or tastes.

Agreed. And it's fun!

A

Anonymous

ajharris:Great, I have made my ignorant mind up!

Hi ajharris, Have you actually sourced an 863?

I have been looking for sometime and simply cannot get one at any price, the odd dealer will claim they have them on order but when pushed admit that they are doubtful of actually getting one in, they will still happily take my money for one, though I'm not daft enough to part with the cash without any guarantees of success.

I'm probably going to go for the Onkyo 876 instead before they dry up too.

A

Anonymous

Hi Lee,

I managed to source an 863 yesterday, will be with me tomorrow. Bought from: http://www.theavsuite.co.uk/index0.asp?r=AV%20Amplifiers

Worth giving them a ring, very helpful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts