could a Sneaky DS outperform a cyrus cd 8 se?

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
i am thinking of using the sneaky ds as the source for a hedphone based system. obviously i'll demo before purchasing but it would be great to listen to some feedback from you guy's on how good the sneaky is if used as a source for a main system.

A

Anonymous

I'm not sure if the streaming will be a bit wasted if plugging in headphones?

Just get a DAC for your laptop.

A

Anonymous

I guess the in-built amp on the Sneaky is gonna be wasted.

manicm

Not a proper hifi solution I know, but if I was only doing headphone listening I'd seriously consider an iPod touch and some serious cans, maybe wait for the next gen Touch which should have higher capacity and make lossless ripping quite feasible.

Unless, of-course, you will make way for some speakers then a full blown hifi may be worthwhile.

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
actually i am considering just wiring up my B&W 685's speakers to the sneaky and use the sneaky's on board amp, the problem is the sneaky's on board amp is only rated at just 20W, my dealer seems to think that the 685's will work fine with the sneaky, what do you guy's think?

manicm

gooner26:actually i am considering just wiring up my B&W 685's speakers to the sneaky and use the sneaky's on board amp, the problem is the sneaky's on board amp is only rated at just 20W, my dealer seems to think that the 685's will work fine with the sneaky, what do you guy's think?

Gooner, your dealer is just plain wrong. I have an Arcam Solo Mini (true 25w) with the 685s and it *just about cuts it*. The 685s are just not gonna sing with the Sneaky's 20w. Get Linn's smaller speakers or consider something like MA RS1s or Rega RS1, or definitely even KEFs iQ30s.

Take my word for ir the Sneaky won't cut it with the 685s.

A

Anonymous

It is likely that you will cause an awful amount of damage to your loudspeakers if you attempt to play them at any sort of volume.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts