Controlling audio between rooms??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I'm currently setting up audio in some of the rooms in my house, and I want a reciever which will send the sound to 4 speakers in 3 different rooms (12 speakers in total)

I also want to be able to control what rooms have the audio switched on, so i could only have the sound in one room..

So does anybody know where I'll be able to find one of these, or what to search for in ebay?

Sorry if this has been answered, I couldn't find anything

Thanks in advance

John Duncan

HI lorme86653 and welcome to the forum. I think you'll have difficulty in doing this with one receiver; most that offer a multi-room capability 1) only do it for the front 2 stereo channels and 2) are limited to one extra zone anyway. Furthermore, using a switching solution that could split the speakers would probably put too much of a load on your receiver if you had standard 8ohm loads all around.

Are you looking for surround in each room from a video source (hence four speakers) or are you just looking to synch music across three rooms? The former seems like a slightly odd thing to do.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Before I launch into the (fairly lengthy) details of how something like what you want might be done, are you still looking for an answer? What I will say just now is that there simply isn't one readily available domestic A/V receiver that will do what you want. I'm also puzzled by your wanting four speakers in each of the rooms, as opposed to the normal 5.1 setup for surround sound ......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts