Control volume for one set of speakers when two sets are connected to amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have two pairs of speakers connected to my amp as set A and set B. Set B plays a bit louder than set A so I would like to equalize the volume between them. What are my options? Is there some little volumecontrol box that can be bought that I can put in between the amp and the set of speakers that play too loud? Do such things exist?

Best regards!

A

Anonymous

I'm not aware of any specific device, you could wire resistors in line in you interconnects to attenuate the signal but that's a bit of a faff really.

I guess the question is, why have you got 2 sets of speakers attached and is the amp happy driving such a low load?

A

Anonymous

nawty said:
I guess the question is, why have you got 2 sets of speakers attached and is the amp happy driving such a low load?
The amp is happy and provides connection for two sets. I have one set in the kitchen for when I am cooking, but when I return to the livingroom the volume is lower there.

A

Anonymous

Crocodile said:
http://www.av4home.co.uk/acatalog/B-Tech_BT936_in_wall_speaker_volume_control_plate.html

That's a very nifty little thing. Too bad I am unwilling to start fiddling with the electricity in my walls. It would really have done the trick...

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
wyomingbillkelso said:
Too bad I am unwilling to start fiddling with the electricity in my walls. It would really have done the trick...
:?

It's got nothing to do with your electricity supply, it just happens to be designed to be sunk into the wall. No reason why you couldn't just attach it to a surface mount pattress box like this if you want it free standing.

Or there's this. You just need to search for "speaker level volume control".

Note that I'm not recommending either product as I have no experience of either.

A

Anonymous

I see. I misunderstood. Thank you very much for those tips!
smiley-smile.gif
I'll try to find something similar in Sweden otherwise I'll order one of those.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts