Continue to be impressed with the Rega Dac....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Listening to it hooked up to a PC, through a Headroom Headphone Amp through Sennheiser HD650 headphones. Can't think I need anything better. Well, maybe a better headphone amp, hehe. :)

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I agree that the Rega Dac is a great piece of kit. I am running a squeezebox (inbuilt dac) which was previously coupled to a Dacmagic. After A/B testing between the two dacs, I felt the Dacmagic was adding nothing to the equation.

The Rega Dac however, just makes the squeezebox dac sound flat and a bit lifeless in comparison (no mean feat).

Highly recommended.

MoData:Listening to it hooked up to a PC, through a Headroom Headphone Amp through Sennheiser HD650 headphones.
Can't think I need anything better.
Well, maybe a better headphone amp, hehe.
:)

Hi MoData

Nice one
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
MoData:Listening to it hooked up to a PC, through a Headroom Headphone Amp through Sennheiser HD650 headphones.
Can't think I need anything better.
Well, maybe a better headphone amp, hehe.
:)

Hi MoData, great to hear you're a proud owner. How do you have your pc connected to the dac, via optical, cinch or usb? Which connection sounds best in your setup?

A

Anonymous

I've got it hooked up through a chord co. optichord cable.

Did not try coax since my pc doesn't have one.

I wouldn't bother with usb with the rega dac, since they don't seem to support higher bitrates/sampling frequencies or something of that nature, and I have optical outs.

More important than the cable, IMHO, is using a bit perfect player (eg. FooBar2000), and using wasapi instead of the windows mixer. The windows mixer will muck with the files.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts