Constantly being on guard with the remote.

philiptech

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I watch a movie I have to constantly be on guard with the remote control due to how depending on the scene in the movie the sound goes from being ok to overloud to to quite after I turn it down during a loud scene and it goes back to just dialogue.

Is this due to the fact I am watching movies through my built in TV speakers and would getting a surround sound system do anything to help this issue?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
A lot of TVs have sound settings and equalisation doodads. Have you experimented with any of them? I have our TVs internal speaker set to voice ( or 'speech') and set to 30cm (it's actually about 25cm) for distance from the wall.

For movies and/or music I play it through the hi-fi (via an optical digital cable) where the settings don't apply.

i am quite lucky in that the internal speakers in my TV are pretty good and speech is always distinguishable when there is other stuff going on.

philiptech

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have just poked around into my TVs settings which are currently set to standard, and their is a movie option. So maybe that might solve it. Unfortunately right this minute their is some work being done on the house, so to trying to check the sound difference would be pointless right now. I'll have a go either after things quiten down or in the early hours when no one is up and about and report back.

The TV I have was on WhatHiFis award winners list some years back so I would think the sound would be good.

Ajnasroy410

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that surround system will help you, because the same thing will be on the output and you will get the same results. By the way I also have to gaurd my remote not because of the sound but because of the ads of condoms that comes when my parents are sitting beside me..... |(

John Duncan

Depending on the tv, you might find that a movie mode makes it worse :) You need to find a 'night' mode which reduces the dynamic range so that loud bits aren't much louder than quiet bits. Again, what tv is it?

philiptech

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Finally had a chance to search through the settings and try the movie on movie mode. Unfortunately the issue remains the same and the only modes are standard, movie, music, clear voice and custom.

This is the TV in question http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001UE8LWO/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and as for the award being based on picture quality well that makes sense as the picture is great.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts