Consonance CD120 Linear Owners!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I'm not an owner but I'd say vibration is the least of your problems if you keep knocking it ...
emotion-7.gif

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
batonwielder:You see how pathetic I am? I've been ecstatic over my new amplifier for a week and already found something else to criticize. I definitely need some sun.

Don't worry. Is the amp ok though or is there a slight transformer hum, perhaps some noise from the speakers with the volume turned right down, slight channel imbalance ... ?
emotion-5.gif

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

There was in intermittant problem where the drawer - it went in and out several times by itself without pressing the open or close button. This was a problem in a few of the early models I heard, it is now fixed no problems since. The drawer always goes clunk going in and out a little, otherwise the machine sounded fine and its a very solid machine. How does your consonance sound ?

Cheers,

Steve.

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
drummerman:
Don't worry. Is the amp ok though or is there a slight transformer hum, perhaps some noise from the speakers with the volume turned right down, slight channel imbalance ... ?ÿ
emotion-5.gif

(nervously)....no....maybe...AHHHHHH!!!!!

Stephennic, the unit plays perfectly fine and sounds fantastic. It's just that I can hear a rattle in the transport or the laser assembly if I shock the chassis. Can you check with yours?

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
Never mind, my other CDP does the same thing, although it takes bigger shock. After all, the transport's full of moving parts.

Help me complete my upgrade so I can die in peace!!!

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I just shook mine - no rattle when I shake the unit left to right, only a little when I shake it front to back. I have had my transport replaced which fixed my original problem - it was fixed under warranty - it has 4 bolts that hold the transport into place - unless they are loose you might be able to tighten them up but it may void your warranty. I wouldnt worry unless it starts to play up.

What cables and other components and speakers do you use - did you ever compare it with other cd players?. I use a good power lead on the consonance and BDR Cones for supports under it.

Cheers,

Steve.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts