Consolidate music files on laptop

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site

IDIOTS GUIDE TO CONSOLIDATE MUSIC FILES REQUIRED

I currently have all my music files saved on my Laptop which runs Windows Vista Home Premium using both i-tunes & Windows Media. The files are all currently saved at various bitrates.

I wish to consolidate the files into one place (i-tunes?) & then convert all to one rate (suggestions?) for my iphone.

Can somebody walk me through the process? Cheers, I understand that most likely any 10 year old could do this…..

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Gingerbreadandy: then convert all to one rate (suggestions?)

Yes, don't bother. There's no point upconverting a lower bitrate to a higher one, you won't improve the sound and you'll just use up more space, can't think of any reason why you'd want to downconvert the bitrate either.

A

Anonymous

John,

Yes, the majority of files are MP3 on windows (very few wma) & AAC on i-Tunes & to make it clear, I wish convert the bit rates down in most cases to fit more onto my i-phone.

Cheers

DaveyBoy1980

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi GingerbreadAndy

There is a very easy way to sort out your issue of fitting more music onto your iphone! My media player/organiser of choice is MediaMonkey. One reason that I like this application is it is very user friendly and customisable. I have never been able to get on with or understand the logic or lack of it with itunes!

Anyway, with MediaMonkey you can change the settings so that any file of any type or size over (whatever size you set) you can tell it to convert on the fly to (whatever you want)

Example: I have mine set so that any file larger than 320kbps bitrate will convert down to 320kbps mp3 when it transfers to my ipod! This does not affect the file on your PC it just converts it on the fly and copies onto the ipod. and it also means that whatever music on your laptop you choose to sync to your ipod will always be compatible!

I hope this is of use to you.

David

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts