Considering ATC SCM 7

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Luckilly I'm in a position now to consider this speaker. 8) I'm not getting rid of my amp because frankly its really well made and has the connections I require. So, will it give the Scm7's enough ummph.?

I listen to a lot of electronic music but also some very heavy guitar/ electronic based music and some Jazz. The closed box design appeals.

Also not sure I've ever seen these available for audition in shop round my way.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I don't have any experience of your amplifier, so others may be able to help there, but if youve heard sealed cabinet speakers before and they appeal, the SCM7 should be your first port of call. They may not sound quite as lively as your Tannoys, but you should find them far more refined and natural sounding.

A

Anonymous

It's Rick time...
smiley-tongue-out.gif

ebentjerodt

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi Moon,

I have not hear the SCM 7 but I have heard many times the SMC 11, 19 and 20 with several amp (ss and Tube) and they sound just great!

so the SCM 7 should be a great option!

kr

Eduardo

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
I don't have any experience of your amplifier, so others may be able to help there, but if youve heard sealed cabinet speakers before and they appeal, the SCM7 should be your first port of call. They may not sound quite as lively as your Tannoys, but you should find them far more refined and natural sounding.

Thanks for the response, It looks as if they will be perfect for my room. Wether they are £515 pounds better will be the question. By the way has there been a recent price hike for these?

Hi moon

As long as you're not after constant disco like listening levels then i would say that the Azur 351A has got sufficient quality and quantity of power to be paired with SCM7 monitors.

Fwiw, i also got clients happily using Cambridge Audio amplification with ATC passive monitors.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Where are you based moon? See if we can find you a dealer to have a demo at?

Hi Ben, thanks for the reply. I live down on the south coast. I'm also going to give some other mini monitors an audition like the RS1 and the B & W CM1. :)

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi moon

As long as you're not after constant disco like listening levels then i would say that the Azur 351A has got sufficient quality and quantity of power to be paired with SCM7 monitors.

Fwiw, i also got clients happily using Cambridge Audio amplification with ATC passive monitors.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Thanks for the info Rick.

All the best

Moon

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I loved the SCM7's, my favourite speaker under £1k that you can buy new :grin:

Also have a look at the SCM10, same mid bass in a larger cabinet and a little more refined presentation (Better Tweeter IMO)

I prefer the SCM7 to the SCM11 FWIW, they have better integration between the treble and mid bass at the expense of a little bass depth (not as much as you would think) unless you have a big room.

Personally I would have thought something like the CA 840A would be a better match if you were to stay with CA, but I used the SCM10's with a T-Amp in a small room and the SCM7's with a 50w Teac/Thule Amp.

IME they like an amp with decent drive, if not outright power.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts