Connecting wii to surround amp and tv

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
On behalf of my friend.

Currently he is using a composite connection with the rca cables (red, white and yellow) to connect the wii directly to the tv. However he wants the sound through the amp and I suggested that he gets an rca extension and connect the red and white cables to the amp (the tv would then just have the yellow connection), is this correct?

Would anyone recommend purchasing a component cable for a better picture? And if so can he use the same approach for the sound as above (his amp does not upconvert video signals)

Thanks

Matt

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
VoodooDoctor:The picture through component is far superior to composite so it is a worthwhile upgrade. He could then use RCA extensions to get the sound.

Thank you.

A

Anonymous

I bought the oficial Nintento component cable and was amazed by the difference in picture,

Mine is connected direct to the TV (Pana 42PZ80), but will soon be connecting it to my amp just purchased, I am waiting for till I can afford surround speakers before I rig it all up.

Paid £25.00 for mine but sure you can get one cheaper, it already comes with audio connections( 3 for picture, 2 for sound).

Leahandanna

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
VoodooDoctor:The picture through component is far superior to composite so it is a worthwhile upgrade. He could then use RCA extensions to get the sound.

its a massive improvement - you'll be amazed at how much clearer the text on screen is

A

Anonymous

£9.00 from ebay (Madcatz, new) from a pro shop. I got mine in 2 days.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:Yeah. Don't buy any old component cable, as the Wii end has its own plug connector.

Yeah I did mean a wii specific cable - putting their own design on the connection will certainly increase Nintendo's revenues - well played Nintento!

Thanks again guys for some suggestions.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts