connecting tablet to HiFi.

MrPotatoEd81

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have a hudl tablet and pioneer p1 dab HiFi. I have connected the tablet to the amp via the tablets head phone jack to listen to music from sites such as spotify or you tube. I want to hear what is being played through the tablet at the time, when browsing sites or play lists unlike WiFi streaming, just as through headphones but through my HiFi speakers. The volume is far to low to enjoy and I am aware of the reasons for this.

What I would like to be able to do is connect the tablet via a docking station (without speakers) that has a digital out, either coaxle or toslink as I have two digital inputs free in my amp. Does such dock exist. Is it possible to transfer audiofrom the USB port to a HiFi as speaker docks must do this within there own system. I'm assuming the speaker docks available use the micro usb port at the bottom of the tablet.

Failing that, I have been looking at Bluetooth receivers such as qed uplayplus and the uplay puck. The hudl uses Bluetooth 4.0. There is no mention of a2pd and I assume only high end tabs and phones use aptx. Would the puck (about £60) using Bluetooth 4.0 and a2pd make the most of the the hudles audio quality or would spending the extra on the uplayplus be worth the extra £40 if the hurdle doesn't support the Bluetooth spec.

Any other cheap suggestions would be much my appreciated as I have been searching for hours to sort this.

I would prefer a wired connection and don't expect CD quality but would at least like the volume to be close to my CD player.

Thanks

jjbomber

Use a Turtle Beach Micro II from the USB of the tablet to the toslink input of the pioneer. That will be close to CD quality. You will need a longish toslink cable. I have a 10m QED on mine. I am a fan of wired over bluetooth too.

MrPotatoEd81

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that jjbomber. Im not being lazy just having no luck finding anything.

I assume you need a micro usb adapter?

I will still keep looking but that looks to be the answer.

MrPotatoEd81

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
The turtlbeach doesn't work. The light lights up on the sound card but the hudl does not detect it. Sound only comes from tab speakers. Bluetooth it is then.

MrPotatoEd81

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
The turtlbeach doesn't work. The light lights up on the sound card but the hudl does not detect it. Sound only comes from tab speakers. Bluetooth it is then.

MrPotatoEd81

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
The turtlbeach doesn't work. The light lights up on the sound card but the hudl does not detect it. Sound only comes from tab speakers. Bluetooth it is then. Sorry for the multiple posts!?

gwynne61

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
I use one of these to stream Spotify via bluetooth off my Asus transformer, works a treat, you will need a 3.5mm to 2 phono connector to connect it to your amp.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/August-MR220W-Bluetooth-Receiver-Systems/dp/B00B79MWA4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1389273712&sr=8-2&keywords=august+220

MrPotatoEd81

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Cheers for that gwynne61. I am heading in that direction as the appears to be no other way of a wired conection. I have how ever, got the soundcard working thorough usb audio player pro, that I downloaded from play store. But it only plays tracks that are on your device and can't stream.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts