• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Connecting sky hd with component and hdmi

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Can i hook up to my tv via component and optical and get hi-def video and stereo sound.

Then when i want to use my amp just switch it on and hdmi and the coax will be activated (have to switch inputs on the tv though).

I dont want to switch any settings in menus though- if poss!!

Want to try and get the tv setup so that i dont have to keep the amp on all the time (saving leccy you see

carter

Aug 27, 2008
i dont think it will work but im not posative i think i read if you have both attached it locks it down so you get no picture

im sure dave will be along soon ,he no's his sky

daveh75

Jul 31, 2008
john1000000boy:
Can i hook up to my tv via component and optical and get hi-def video and stereo sound.

Then when i want to use my amp just switch it on and hdmi and the coax will be activated (have to switch inputs on the tv though).

I dont want to switch any settings in menus though- if poss!!

Want to try and get the tv setup so that i dont have to keep the amp on all the time (saving leccy you see

Firstly,no SkyHD boxes have both component and HDMI aswell as both optical and coaxial ouputs!

The first gen (Thomson boxes) had HDMI and component but only 1 optical output, on all later revisions of Sky+HD boxes component was dropped, but a coaxial output was added,.

But unless you use the amp for upscaling video from the SkyHD box there is no need to run video through your amp, so i would suggest just connecting the SkyHD box to your TV with HDMI and to your amp with optical/coaxial.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts