Connecting sky hd with component and hdmi

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Can i hook up to my tv via component and optical and get hi-def video and stereo sound.

Then when i want to use my amp just switch it on and hdmi and the coax will be activated (have to switch inputs on the tv though).

I dont want to switch any settings in menus though- if poss!!

Want to try and get the tv setup so that i dont have to keep the amp on all the time (saving leccy you see

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
i dont think it will work but im not posative i think i read if you have both attached it locks it down so you get no picture

im sure dave will be along soon ,he no's his sky
emotion-21.gif

daveh75

john1000000boy:
Can i hook up to my tv via component and optical and get hi-def video and stereo sound.

Then when i want to use my amp just switch it on and hdmi and the coax will be activated (have to switch inputs on the tv though).

I dont want to switch any settings in menus though- if poss!!

Want to try and get the tv setup so that i dont have to keep the amp on all the time (saving leccy you see
emotion-5.gif

Firstly,no SkyHD boxes have both component and HDMI aswell as both optical and coaxial ouputs!

The first gen (Thomson boxes) had HDMI and component but only 1 optical output, on all later revisions of Sky+HD boxes component was dropped, but a coaxial output was added,.

But unless you use the amp for upscaling video from the SkyHD box there is no need to run video through your amp, so i would suggest just connecting the SkyHD box to your TV with HDMI and to your amp with optical/coaxial.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts