Connecting my Iphone to my Sony Receiver

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there i have just purchased an iphone and when i went to plug it into my sony receiver via an ipod audio lead there was no sound coming through my receiver? i found this very strange as i then plugged my old ipod in through the same connection and it came through fine. Is this something to do with the iphone having speakers and the ipod not?

Anyway i need a way to play my ipod which is now on my iphone through my sony receiver i only have 1 input left to use which is the Audio L & R / S-Video but as i mentioned the connection which i used for my old ipod connected via the ipod connection the into Audio L & R which does not seem to work with my Iphone

Advise please!

A

Anonymous

The earphones that come with the iphone have a mute switch on them. Have you turned this on and then discarded the headphones? If not I imagine a reset should resolve the problem, if you have a mac use isync to do a backup and then re-install after (if the problem is the iphone, I wouldn't be surprised).

A

Anonymous

Think my best bet would be getting Airport Express and sending my itunes to my Sony Receiver via wifi

A

Anonymous

Use the iPhone as a remote control.

Stream the music from the computer to an Airport Express.

Use the Airport Express with an optical cable in order to utilise the Sony DAC.

A

Anonymous

Hang on, although AE is a good choice can you still not get any signal out of your iphod?

A

Anonymous

Octopo:Hang on, although AE is a good choice can you still not get any signal out of your iphod?

If the music is on the iPhone then it's also on the computer; plus a dock is unviewable from the sofa and quite useless for home use.

A

Anonymous

a4quattro:
If the music is on the iPhone then it's also on the computer; plus a dock is unviewable from the sofa and quite useless for home use.

More than likely but not certain since he didn't mention one. And I didn't mention a dock, iphod is my new term for this stuff as it's all the same soundwise and I thought people would get it?

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:You may have more luck on the MP3 forum

I doubt it.

He'll probably have AACs if he's following the default settings.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts