connecting 2 subs to hifi system without splitter

krish123

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
hi guys, i have recently installed a second subwoofer into my hifi system. this sub has high level connections so i simply ran a cable straight to my amps speaker terminals.

however my initial subwoofer doesnt so this is connected using a splitter to connect to my preamp. my question is, can i connect my initial subwoofer to my 2nd subwoofer in any way (using low level connections maybe?). i want to do this as using a splitter well splits the signal therefore could be a slight lose of quality in one of my front speakers, so if could connect my subwoofer without a splitter it would be better.

my amps r musical fidelity 550k superchargers and the subwoofers are monitor audio rsw12 and mordaunt short ms308.

thankyou.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. Probably not much help, but I wouldn't think of having anything but matching subs, just like I couldn't consider having different speakers/brands of speakers for the L and R channels.

krish123

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
i had the second sub unused so thought i wud put it to use and must say it makes a very good difference, bass u can actually feel now and generally has more presence without stressing either of the subs as much.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts