connect laptop to philips 32pfl9632d

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I've got a Philips 32PFL9632D TV and I'm trying to connect it a laptop to it. I've connected it using a DVI connection from the laptop to HDMI 2 on the TV. On connections setup I have set up HDMI to PC but as yet I cannot get a display on the TV from the laptop. The refresh rate has been set on the laptop to 60hz (1024x768 resolution) as instructed in the manual. Is there anything else I have missed, a setting etc.

Many thanks

A

Anonymous

Since origianl posting I have found that it may possibly due to my laptop not being able to output HD. If this is the case how else could I connect the laptop to the TV. The manual is not that clear!

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Dazzer

Did you find a solution to this problem, as I intend to buy this LCD and one very important aspect is to hook it up to my PC, which has DVI-D port. I assume I would need DVI-D to HDMI cable.

All and any comments would be welcome.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi guys,

There really shouldn't be a problem with connecting your laptop to this TV (or any other HDTV for that matter) using a DVI-HDMI cable, but PCs can be a touch fussy, of course. My advice would be to connect the laptop to the TV, select the correct output on your TV, then switch the laptop on. I know it sounds just a little too obvious, but sometimes the computer just needs to work it out itself as it boots-up. I've messed about with a few computer-TV connections recently, and this generally seemed to get everything up and running!

A

Anonymous

Tom

Thanks for your advice, could you give me any steer on my earlier forum post below, I would be grateful.

would really welcome some advice and comments from anyone, on
which of the following LCD's are better overall, and if
possible any good retailers to purchase from, they are both 32inch:

1) Philips 32PFL9632D

2) Panasonic TX-32LXD700

A key requirement I have is to hook up the LCD to my PC and PS3, I
understand both LCD's have PC support, does anyone have any first hand
experience of using these devices with these LCDs?

cheers

A

Anonymous

I wasn't successful in connecting my laptop. I think this was due to my laptop only having a vga output. I even tried using a vga / dvi adaptor and then tried to connect using the dvi / hdmi cable. Perhaps a new laptop soon.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Using Windows? My dad had a similar problem - his PC doesn't always detect a different screen and just displays on the standard monitor.

Went into the grfx properties and asked the PC to find the 2nd screen. All worked well after that.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts