Concerns about cables

A

Anonymous

I'd hang onto them until you decide what you're doing about speakers. Once everything is in place you can spend years (like me) messing around with cables to see which is better. Right now I'm still trying to decide about the new SHB Quintessence.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to butt in but igglebert if you could keep us all informed with your findings with the SHB Quintessence it would be much appreciated as thinking about getting them myself. Do you have any exp with their speaker cables as I am looking at them too.

A

Anonymous

Will keep you posted on the other thread. I'm leaving them in place for a wee bit (two weeks?) before having another comparison session with the CSP. They're revealing in the treble, I'll give them that! No experience on the SHB speaker cable, I love the Chord Odyssey 2 too much to change!

idc

plastic penguin:I currently have Chord SilverScreen speaker cable and Merlin Chopin I/Cs. Quick question: is it worth splasing out on the Leema or will my current shoe laces suffice?

Your current shoelaces will suffice. I am sure of that. If the need to change is irresistable, give pro-audio cables a go, they are very well made and are often much cheaper than other brands.

T

the record spot

plastic penguin:I currently have Chord SilverScreen speaker cable and Merlin Chopin I/Cs. Quick question: is it worth splasing out on the Leema or will my current shoe laces suffice?

Not buy Leema kit 'cos the cables aren't up to it? Enough already, as the Yanks would say; buy the hardware man, the cables are the least of your concerns! FWIW, I used my current cables, minus the 322 strand speaker wires as they were a recent purchase and the thing rocked.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
i read pp's post as are his current cables good enough for the leema? in which case i agree with igg, wait 'til you have new speakers and live with it for a while.

This is all very strange - when I replaced my Carnival Silvers with SilverScreen I was told I would be better off spending my money on Odyssey 2. That was when I had a crumby A65, now I've got a £1200 Leema I'm told to wait.
emotion-42.gif

T

the record spot

Hey, ask me and I'll tell you - well you know what I'll tell you and the cables are in my signature below...!

A

Anonymous

...yes, so you can get the system right when in place. Spend the cash if you like, but in a few months time when you get some speakers you may wish you'd gone for the warmer Kimber 4TC instead of Oddy 2, for example.

SteveR750

james_LR90:Sorry to butt in but igglebert if you could keep us all informed with your findings with the SHB Quintessence it would be much appreciated as thinking about getting them myself. Do you have any exp with their speaker cables as I am looking at them too.

I had some of Will's original shielded cable. Better than the basic QED stuff in my stem, but I have since installed Carnival SS and it's an improvement. Then again, we really are talking marginal differences, like ICs and to be honest moving my sofa has a bigger effect.

igglebert:...yes, so you can get the system right when in place. Spend the cash if you like, but in a few months time when you get some speakers you may wish you'd gone for the warmer Kimber 4TC instead of Oddy 2, for example.

Well I'm looking at cables that will go with PMC speakers. The speakers have been firm favs for the best part of 12 months...I've never made any secret about the brand. Albeit, I have toyed with trying or gathering opinion on other makes such as ATC (most recently). For the last year I've been fairly consistant. So there you go: Leema Pulse with PMC (unsure yet whether it's the DB1s, TB2s or GB1s).

A

Anonymous

See what happens mate. Get the speakers, live with it and then consider options. All copper, silver-coated copper, thick, thin, ribbon.

TRENDING THREADS