Concerns about Audio visual online!

sogophonio11

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi all

Have placed an order online with these people. For a Velodyne sub. The web site showed as in stock, but transpired, wasnt! Having parted with £1395, and no contact from them, called, spoke to someone called Steve. He told me that a delivery was expected end of june. When i commented that, maybe you should update your site, to reflect the current situation, he became quite defensive, as if there was not a situation that needed resolving! I placed this order because there website clearly showed a) In stock, and b) Price (£1395- delivered) When i asked Steve if the price would be honhoured, he said most definitely. But !! Velodyne products have just inncured a massive price hike. There current web price for the model ordered is now, £1575. And there terms and conditions quite clearly state that; A sale of contract doesnt begin until we actualy send the goods, and price fluctuations are out of our control My question is then, does any one else have first hand experience of this company? Will they honhour the price, the order was placed at etc etc:?

Thanks

sogophonio11

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry and so to finish: Do i trust this company? Just to wait for the enivitable, or look elsewhere for something different. Only it was for my sons 40th birthday, and thats on 29th of this month! Product due in on 27th!!:quest: :exmark:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Get them to confirm in writing that they will honour the contract......and from someone who has the authority to do so.

sogophonio11

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. CnoEvil, will certainly consider this, good advice, thank you.

big boss, thanks for the link. Looks good, will reflect on this, many thanks:read:

martin morecroft

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
As the UK distributor of Velodyne I am equally unhappy about the recent price increases. If AV Online agreed a price with you we will work with them to ensure it is honoured.

Velodyne's supply chain has been patchy to say the least for the last 9 months. However, this situation is now coming to an end and our stock levels will return to normal by early July.

Most hight street dealers invest in demonstration equipment but in the current climate do not support this with back up stock - they rely on the distributor for this. On line retailers in my experince hold no stock at all.

Our next delivery will be on or around the 28th of June. As soon as we have processed the stock into our warehouse wee will be able to supply your product to AV Online with a next day delivery.

Redline

I bought online a pair of Monitor Audio PL200 speakers for £2600 and it was shown as a next day delivery on the checkout. I put the order in on the Thursday 1st September late at around 10pm and had a email informing me on the following morning informing me that they hadnt been able to contact me although correct details were given. So i called them on the Friday after lunch and spoke with Vicky who informed me that they wanted to send out on Monday as they didnt want they speakers hanging around over the weekend in a couriers van, I agreed and looked forward to getting my new speakers on the following Tuesday. However late on Monday afternoon, I get a email at 16:30hrs stating the courier hadnt collected the speakers and so they would need to rebook it for the following day. They were collected on the Tuesday, as I checked to make sure and Im told that they will be arriving on the Thursday, Thursday I waited in all day and nothing arrived. I called Audiovisual online Thursday afternoon at just before 5pm and told the driver isnt answering his phone. I telephoned this morning and spoke with Vicky who was helpful who rang back when she said she would, but im told that the courier has delivered the parcel to somewhere in London which is just over an hour away from where I live. So I requested that they use a different courier and either get them to me the same day or the following day which was a Saturday. I was informed that it was too late to change the courier as they had already collected the speakers from London, the courier wouldnt deliver on the Saturday but would deliver on the Monday. As you could imagine I was now quite fed up and wasnt being rude or angry with the lady Vicky from the company Audiovisualsonline, but wanted to speak with a manager as I didnt seem to be making any progress, she tried to get a director to speak with me but he wouldnt, so I cancelled the order as Vicky was not happy to commit to the courier actually delivering on Monday. I am very upset and frustrated by my experience and would only advise buying from this company if your local and able to collect in person. Im going to post this review in lots of places including the HiFi forums where I blogg. Terrible terrible experience. Shame on you Director, perhaps you could give your opinion publically

Paul.

Christopher Rowsell said:
I am very upset and frustrated by my experience and would only advise buying from this company if your local and able to collect in person. Im going to post this review in lots of places including the HiFi forums where I blogg. Terrible terrible experience. Shame on you Director, perhaps you could give your opinion publically

I’ve got to be honest, this is hardly the worst customer service I’ve ever heard of, is it really fair to go spamming the internet? If they had damaged the stock or not done something they had promised that’s one thing, but they have been held to ransom by a courier, and let’s be honest, all couriers are ****. It sounds like this Vicky person was stuck in a hard situation, she had been constantly let down by a courier that she was forced to use, and you were asking her to promise something that was outside of her control? I get its frustrating but have some empathy man!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts