complete newbie with £500 to blow

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
im completely new to this and am here to try and get some advice. i have £500 and want to get a cd player, amplifier and a set of speakers. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

A

Anonymous

what sort of music do you listen to. size of room. would you consider second hand.

A

Anonymous

the music i would listen to would mainly consist of metal and acoustic, while the room is an average size double bedroom and i would rather buy new.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
NAD C515BEE CD player and C315BEE Amplifier and the Award-Winning Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom speakers from SuperFi for £420 looks good. Leaves a few quid for cable and stands, should just sneak under the £500.

sometimesuk

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
That's quite a tight budget in hifi terms, but nowhere near impossible. If you insist on buying new, I would check out Richer Sounds, they have lots of budget kit in stock and do deal on whole systems.

I have checked their site, if I were you, I would save up £100 more and go for the Marantz and Wharfdale system for £600, saving you £200 if you bought the stuff seperatly. Marantz always do good budget kit and in my opinon, they are a lot better than other budget brands. The wharfdale speakers are well thought of too.

Hope this isnt against the rules, link to the page here:

http://www.richersounds.com/information/hifisystems

A

Anonymous

thank you these have helped alot. Anymore suggestions would also be greatly appreciated

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts