Combining B & W zeppelin mini with stereo speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Basically I have a pair of B & W 685s linked up to a Yamaha A-S500 amplifier. For my birthday I was recently given a B & W zeppelin mini, as well, which I currently have in my kitchen. I was wondering if there might be a way to wire them all up together, effectively using the Mini as the 'middle' speaker, to get a more full sound from the system (without any large compromise to the individual sound quality of either the 685s or the zeppelin?

If someone could let me know I will give it a shot and let you know the results.

Cheers,

Luke

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Kind of defeats the purpose of "stereo" which is pretty much defined by having two speakers. Even if you did set it up to work, sounds to me like you'd just spoil the sound stage/imaging and muddy things up. I doubt you'd get the effect you are looking for. I wouldn't even bother doing it if your setup was a surround system because it wouldn't add much to listening to music which is recorded in stereo and not for the surround format.

AFAIK the only way you MIGHT be able to get it to do anything like that would be if you had a line out from the amp which you could convert to a 3.5 mm minijack to plug into the Zep. You'd then need to control the volume on the zep separately, but I'm not sure what the output would be like from the amp and how the Zep would handle it (i.e. output may be too high and you risk damaging the Zep somehow. I don't really know, so personally I'd avoid even trying, just in case).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts