Colorfly C4

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
I love this portable player with a built in dac and the retro looks - just my cup of tea. I want one :) what are your thoughts?

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Ummmm, although we have the same taste in speakers gbhsi1 (unless you've changed yours recently?) but on this device we're going to have to agree to disagree. Looks like something created in someone's shed! :O

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Diamond Joe said:
Ummmm, although we have the same taste in speakers gbhsi1 (unless you've changed yours recently?) but on this device we're going to have to agree to disagree. Looks like something created in someone's shed! :O

ha ha! beauty is in the eye of the beholder :) in this case me! it's the retro look that I like, nothing else on the market looks the same and the hand carving on the wood is just a piece of art! the sound is I'm sure just as good! expensive yes but then again not many people would have one.

CustomCable

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Pretty is in the eye of the beholder, beauty is within the soul. :p

The C4 sounds amazing, and is one of our best selling products. The UI is a tad simple and the unit won't play back high res .flac files but the unit sounds awesome.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The best looking 'retro' portable device I ever owned (although it never went further than my system) was the old Sony WM-6DC Professional Walkman. It was almost jewel like in it's precision and operation. Sounded fantastic too.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
chebby said:
The best looking 'retro' portable device I ever owned (although it never went further than my system) was the old Sony WM-6DC Professional Walkman. It was almost jewel like in it's precision and operation. Sounded fantastic too.

Hay Chebby . . . I've got one of they sitting under my desk at this moment, was my Fathers, problem is, I have no use for it, I wonder how it would go on fleBay?

CJSF

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
CJSF said:
chebby said:

Hay Chebby . . . I've got one of they sitting under my desk at this moment, was my Fathers, problem is, I have no use for it, I wonder how it would go on fleBay?

CJSF

Complete lottery if you look at the prices good working ones have gone for. Anywhere from £621 (mint, never used, as new, in box) to £30 - £40 ish for non-working ones (for spares).

If you have the box and instructions (and all the other bits and bobs) and it is in good cosmetic condition (and works well) then i'd stick a £150 reserve on it and hope for the best.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts