Coaxial or optical lead

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please ignore my ignorance but what is the difference between a coaxial lead and an optical lead and which would be better for my sky (currenly sky+ soon sky HD) to av receiver (currently denon 3805 soon to be onkyo sr875) for audio signal

thanks

nads

good question, they are just different ways of transporting the same info, but one needs a bit more converting than the other.We can get into real heavy discusions about the merits of each. i mainly use coaxial cable.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Your only choice is an optical connector, as the Sky+ and Sky HD boxes only deliver surround sound via an optical output.

The digital audio out on the Sky HD's HDMI output, which would seem the logical way to connect the box to the TX-SR875, is only in stereo.

A

Anonymous

Andrew,

Thanks for the info would you recommend the Van den Hul optocoupler or QED performance, do you know if i need to set up the audio on the sky + box or will it do it automatically.

thanks again

A

Anonymous

Try the supra x zac...

Tried already a couple of digital optical cables and none of them impressed me. I'm stuch to analog interconnect :(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts