CnoEvil or others

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi PP, are you scratching an itch?

I can't help you with this cheaper CDP, as I have only heard the dearer one....but saying that, I've never heard anything bad sounding from the Electrocompaniet range.

If anyone knows, it will be Electro, whose knowledge surpasses mine. I will be surprised if it's not one of the more musical offerings at that price.

CnoEvil said:
Hi PP, are you scratching an itch? I can't help you with this cheaper CDP, as I have only heard the dearer one....but saying that, I've never heard anything bad sounding from the Electrocompaniet range. If anyone knows, it will be Electro, whose knowledge surpasses mine. I will be surprised if it's not one of the more musical offerings at that price.

You know me, I do enjoy a good scratch...:)

No, virtually no reviews of the CDP on this forum so would be nice to know more. After looking on the website the dealership in the UK is erm... sparse.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
CnoEvil said:
Hi PP, are you scratching an itch? I can't help you with this cheaper CDP, as I have only heard the dearer one....but saying that, I've never heard anything bad sounding from the Electrocompaniet range. If anyone knows, it will be Electro, whose knowledge surpasses mine. I will be surprised if it's not one of the more musical offerings at that price.

No, virtually no reviews of the CDP on this forum so would be nice to know more. After looking on the website the dealership in the UK is erm... sparse.

Hi PP,

The dealer I've been using are Audio Destination based in Devon... a pretty long way I know, but they really are accommodating.

Home demoes for a small shipping cost pose no problem for them. I've had gear from them for over two weeks now.

Cheers

Mac

Macspur said:
plastic penguin said:
CnoEvil said:

Hi PP,

The dealer I've been using are Audio Destination based in Devon... a pretty long way I know, but they really are accommodating.

Home demoes for a small shipping cost pose no problem for them. I've had gear from them for over two weeks now.

Cheers

Mac

Cheers, Mac.

Devon is just a little too far. I have noticed there's a dealer in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, which is about an hours ride from my area.

Would be nice to get a handle on their CDPs (compatability, sound and general VFM).

Anyway, won't be changing CDPs at the mo, still enjoing the new TV. If I get a mad moment I'll trundle down there and give it a once over.

Thanks again.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
To be honest I have had very little experience of the Prelude line from Electrocompaniet that the PC1 falls under and as the review says there is an awful lot of very good completion at this price point , this makes it very hard for a lesser known brand to stand out unless it is voiced to stand out which is not usually a good thing .

It is shown in a slightly better light in this review in HiFi World .

http://www.electrocompaniet.no/files/reviews/Hi-fi_World-april2008.pdf

As always the best thing to do is give it a try at home and as Mac has already mentioned Audio Destination are very accommodating with home demo's .

They have an ex demo PC1 at a good price at the moment too .

http://www.audiodestination.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_106&products_id=1185

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
This could be a dream combo with the Leema. The Pulse has a biting presentation and the slightly languid Electrocompaniet, like the Arcam, may just work.

I was thinking the same thing myself.....but didn't want to appear pushy! :shifty:

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Macspur said:
plastic penguin said:
CnoEvil said:

Hi PP,

Cheers

Mac

Cheers, Mac.

Devon is just a little too far. I have noticed there's a dealer in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, which is about an hours ride from my area.

Would be nice to get a handle on their CDPs (compatability, sound and general VFM).

Anyway, won't be changing CDPs at the mo, still enjoing the new TV. If I get a mad moment I'll trundle down there and give it a once over.

Thanks again.

O yer, Igloo... Peter's a really nice guy too.

Macspur said:
plastic penguin said:
Macspur said:
plastic penguin said:
CnoEvil said:

Hi PP,

Cheers

Mac

Cheers, Mac.

Thanks again.

That's the one. Yup, I'll *** down at some point and see how it stacks up.

Thanks, pp

T

the record spot

I know, it was fun for me too and I still dabble (see the Denon below - £1000 player for 15% of the original RRP and mint, althogh that was one player I'd really wanted when it came out, so this was more happy chance than experimental dabbling) but big spending is off the radar now. I'm probably more interested in the music than the hardware the surrounds it really.

the record spot said:
I know, it was fun for me too and I still dabble (see the Denon below - £1000 player for 15% of the original RRP and mint, althogh that was one player I'd really wanted when it came out, so this was more happy chance than experimental dabbling) but big spending is off the radar now. I'm probably more interested in the music than the hardware the surrounds it really.

I'm pretty much like you in that respect. But I hate to think the hi-fi (like me) will stagnate. I love a challenge, hence why I bought the Leema after 17 years of Arcam amps. Arcam is still one of my favs, and probably always will be, but the Leema gives the listening experience another dimension.

It was always my intention upgrade the rest - when funds allow - even though I'm very contented with my system as is. With a purchase of a new TV it's put the brakes on the hi-fi (the TV wasn't an intended change, the old one just died).

Macspur said:
plastic penguin said:
Macspur said:
plastic penguin said:
CnoEvil said:

Hi PP,

Cheers

Mac

Cheers, Mac.

Thanks again.

Spoke with Peter today. Had a rather long conversation (cripes, he could talk the hind legs off a giraffe). Anyway, he doesn't stock the PC-1 CDP, and according to him, they've stopped making it. He will try and get hold of a ex-dem model. If he succeeds he'll call me.

He reckons the Exposure 3010S2 would be a better overall CDP, as Electrocompaniet are better with high end stuff... also suggested a high end DAC to feed my Arcam.

After I cooled my ears, I'm non the wiser on the brand. If he comes up with a dem version I'll listen to it, otherwise goodnight vienna.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts