Cm1 v 685 v rx1

Rick1979

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Went to sevenoaks today to audition the above to replace my rs6's. First on the 685, I thought these sounded ok but They far from blow me away. Next the rx1, I found these much better and thought they would take some beating until the cm1's were wired up. What can I say but wow, in another league completely. Amp and cd used were arcam a19. Needless to say I bought the demo's which they offered me for £420 and there are not even run in yet.

Can't believe I actually prefer them to my rs6's which after a room turnaround had now become too bassy with my alpha 10. The cm1's sound so much more open and detailed. Very happy but it's taught me to always demo first. On the phone the bloke in ssav insisted I'd walk out with the 685 but I found them the worst. Just need to offload my rs's on my mate now.

A

Anonymous

I'm suprised you don't find the CM1's too bassy. I had a set and loved them for the rich bass.

Rick1979

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Well hear goes, with my amp they are :wall: I have long accepted though that the alpha 10 is bassy with anything, totally different to the A19 i heard them with. Can anyone recommend an amp for me? I listen ro Rock, Metal and a bit of soul / RnB.

danrv

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Rotel would be good with the CM1's. Something like the RA-06 or the 1520 if you can go to that. Would need a bit of power as the CM1's are a little low in sensitivity (84db).

A

Anonymous

I thought that might be the case. They are very smooth but omit so much detail for me. The current Arcam's are a good match for a smooth sound as I find the Arcam stuff (lower priced) quite neutral.

Alternatively cyrus will play very well with them.

Rick1979 said:
Well hear goes, with my amp they are :wall: I have long accepted though that the alpha 10 is bassy with anything, totally different to the A19 i heard them with. Can anyone recommend an amp for me? I listen ro Rock, Metal and a bit of soul / RnB.

Erm... Arcam A19.

Failing that, Rotel RA-06 or 1520 is the obvious choice. Or if you're looking to really rock the house down then Exposure 2010S should fit the bill nicely.

Rick1979

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the input guys. A friend of a friend has a rega brio r for sale, would this be a good match? Any suggestions need to be 2nd hand (£300 ish from the sale of the alpha 10) so a19 is out the window.

TRENDING THREADS