Visit site
Cool, many thanks. Made my day that
emotion-1.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:Well worth it, even if it is just for the first two or three
emotion-1.gif

Sudden Impact's good, different to the previous three in feel but then it's Clint directing, so that's not surprising, I always have the feeling it's more intimate, the camera closes in on the characters more, rather than the expansive shots of the city that characterizes the other films in the series (it's the only one not set in San Francisco, which probably has something to do with that). And it's got the Automag as well...

As for The Dead Pool, come ON! Where else are you going to find a car chase over the humps of Frisco with an RC car?
emotion-2.gif

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Ok, some good elements, but it's got some awful support acting and it's just not really, I don't know. It's either not quite a "Dirty harry" story, or it just wasn't done well enough. Doesn't do it for me like the first ones
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

i love the dirty harry movies but the last two weren't as good as the first three, whats the pic quality like with this boxset? ive already got it on dvd..

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I think Eastwood tried to make it more of a character driven story, it's the first and only time you ever really see Harry getting into a relationship in any detail ("Try knocking on the door" doesn't really count...) and it's certainly much darker than the others. Like I said, it's got a very different feel to it but that doesn't necessarily make it a bad film, I think it's good that someone at least tried something different, at least once.

But you're right in one aspect, Sondra Locke is awful but then she was Eastwood's Linda McCartney at the time and that's really insulting to Linda McCartney...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:i love the dirty harry movies but the last two weren't as good as the first three, whats the pic quality like with this boxset? ive already got it on dvd..

You wouldn't like it, Dirty Harry has a fair amount of grain but for me it's part of the period feel. Must admit I haven't actually got round to watching any of the others yet, if I do it'll be 4 and 5 first though (2 and 3 have been on TV quite a lot recently, much as I like Tyne Daly I'm not ready to watch The Enforcer yet again).

I can't tell any difference between the Dolby TrueHD and the DD soundtracks either on DH, I've got a feeling they just encapsulated the DD soundtrack into a TrueHD wrapper to be honest.

A

Anonymous

cheers _lhc ill give it a miss then...

the dvd's are quite good anyway..

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Almost worth the price for Dirty Harry - seen it so many times though now and I'm not really fussed on this particular film about seeing it in HD - its a good movie but I wouldn't consider it a "classic"

TRENDING THREADS