Cleaning connections

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I normally hate things like this. I ask because when I was swapping some interconnects about yesterday I was touching the connectors and letting them hit the floor, which isn't the cleanest in the world.

I remember reading in WHF there is some kind of cleaning alcohol you should use. Does anybody actually do this? I'm not looking for opinions about improved bass response or whatever, but I'm sure it does no harm to keep the connectors clean? 

A

Anonymous

Octopo:
I normally hate things like this. I ask because when I was swapping some interconnects about yesterday I was touching the connectors and letting them hit the floor, which isn't the cleanest in the world.

I remember reading in WHF there is some kind of cleaning alcohol you should use. Does anybody actually do this? I'm not looking for opinions about improved bass response or whatever, but I'm sure it does no harm to keep the connectors clean?ÿ

Octopo mate, what do you think the floor has done to the interconnect??? ive got ocd but even this beats me, just give em a wipe...

A

Anonymous

marcymarc555:ive got ocd but even this beats me, just give em a wipe...

I always get a bout of OCD on a sunday afternoon. Maybe a bit of MRSA?. No, a wipe is good enough for me!

A

Anonymous

A good wipe should suffice mate - if you want more, try DeoxIT.

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
WHF recommend using Isopropyl alcohol. I also recommend switch cleaning fluid like Servisol Switch Cleaning Lubricant. Better still DeoxIT as recommended above. Its worth doing every 4 months or so in my opinion.

TRENDING THREADS