Classical system for use with Ipod

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

First time poster - so be gentle! I'm wondering if I can get a little advice.
1) I want to spend up to 1200 pounds on a good amp, speakers and dock to play lossless music sourced from my Ipod.
2) My wife and I listen to 50% classical, 25% jazz and 25% pop/rock. In particular big piano concertos are a favourite.
3) The room is roughly 5m x 5m. Carpet. Speakers will only be 20cm from the rear wall.
4) I'm very happy to look on fleabay for good deals if this can get me more for my money. New is OK also.
5) I like a crystal clear spacious sound (...who doesn't).

My current thinking is EB Acoustic EB1 speakers, however I'm rather confused about an amp to match... esp for classical. Classical is a priority, however the system also must have good rhythm and drive for the 25% of rock/pop.

I will get down to SevenOaks/SuperFi/RicherSounds in central London to audition what I can, however I'm hoping some recommendations will help me focus and speed up my buying process.

Many thanks in advance.... this forum is great!

RJT

A

Anonymous

How about looking at the peachtree idecco amplifier. there is a review on this site. It has an integrated iPod doc and would leave you £500 for the speakers.

Edit .... Actually forget this idea.......look below.....

A

Anonymous

Then again for your budget you could get some AVI ADM9.1 which are active speakers with built in DAC. All you would need would be an iPod doc with an optical out. I think Onkyo do a very good one.

AVI also do a Neutron 2.1 system which has the amp and DAC built into the sub. again just plug the iPod in via optical dock.

Apparently both systems are cracking

A

Anonymous

the Onkyo dock is the ND - S1.

The Airport/ apple tv express as Dave mentioned is a great idea as well.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies guys. I will look into each of your suggestions.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts