Classical Steal From Amazon

Woodruffe

Feb 6, 2008
Visit site
Just found this on Amazon - 'The 99 Most Essential Pieces Of Classical Music' for £3!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Most-Essential-Pieces-Classical-Music/dp/B001U1JVTY/ref=pd_ts_th_1?pf_rd_p=464773053&pf_rd_s=center-7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=77197031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0Y40WBMTZGCZJNJ5P65N

Bit rate doesn't seem to bad and as far as I can tell they seem pretty good versions of the songs so for a newbie like me it seems a good taster package.

Ben.

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
That's certainly some bargain!
emotion-1.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Stop digging, the hole's getting bigger!
emotion-4.gif

I think they'd be happy with 'pieces', 'recordings' or 'performances'.

If you want, drop me an email from the address you used to sign up to the forums, with your postal address and the subject "Help, I'm new to this classical lark", and I'll bung a copy of the latest issue of Gramophone in the post so you can see what I mean...

A

Anonymous

Speaking of which, how's the WhatHifi online archive going JD? Or are there several (hundred) more pressing matters?
emotion-2.gif

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Heyup - for 3 days I have been trying to add/reply to posts as the crucial button to upload is missing on my screen. Luckily WHF are on the case!!

Another good effort from Amazon is the Classical Chillout a 2CD effort for only £2.50 and has many of those tunes you have heard from adverts but always wondered what they were. Composers include: Mendelssohn, Massenet, Grieg, Delius, Bruch, Mahler as well as the more well known Beethoven, Schumann, Tchai

Woodruffe

Feb 6, 2008
Visit site
Just wanted to say Magazines have arrived and a huge thank-you. I returned off holiday to find them sitting on my doormat and they are now going to be read cover to cover!

Thanks again,

Ben.