Classical Music - The Best Compilation CDs

StevenKay

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi

Classical Music - The Best of Compilation CDs

Can anyone recommend some good compilation CDs of the Best of Classical Music ?

Thanks

Steven Kay

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Yes, sure can. My absolute fave that gets played all the time. You have to get past the name of the album, 'cos it makes it sound like an Ibiza dance album. You'll just have to trust me that it is really top draw in both the track selection and the recording of those tracks. It's Flawless.

41hGzjTNRUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The best of chilled classics VOL I.

Amazon want £18 for it, but i'll give you the link for Amazon Marketplace that has it for £6.86 (new) delivered

LINKY

StevenKay

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
bretty

Thanks for sharing the information. That sounds interesting. The title 'Chilled Classics' is indeed a bit misleading. I shall definitely look for it.

StevenKay

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Managed to listen to samples of a few of the tracks on this CD including

Gabriels Oboe
(with Morricone)

Gnossienne No.1
(with Satie)

I liked them. Quite nice and worth purchasing.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
WishTree said:
Thanks Bretty.. Just bought it!

Really? Woo Hoo! You know what, i've been recommending that album for about two years, whenever someone has asked for classical, and as far as I know no-one has bought it. Until now
smiley-smile.gif

Well done, mate. You won't regret it. I'm not one for learning track titles, but you wait til you hear track 5 on disc 1. I'll say no more apart from this: if your system does vocals well, get ready for some goosebumps
smiley-smile.gif

Oh, and the recording of Barber's Adagio for strings is the best recording of it that you'll ever hear. More goosebumps and maybe even a tear or two.
smiley-tongue-out.gif

StevenKay

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
bretty

Just got a chance to hear a few tracks from the album " Very Best of John Barry":

Moviola

The Lion in Winter

Zulu

Somewhere in Time

All very well done and great recordings. I am sure you would like it. I loved each track.

357770c5c144a750ec776dce71c11886.jpg

Do listen if you can.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts