Clare...Can I as you a question?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
You are one mad dude John
emotion-2.gif

No, not that and nothing to do with Simon Lucas either!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Densen suits my system just fine at the moment - nice fit with the rest of my kit. But i'm continually experimenting with different players and amps: still miss the Plinius pairing we warmed up over the Christmas and New Year
emotion-6.gif

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I just have a look through some older mags (my brother birthday soon....present!) and the Primare come first in super test follow by Copland and Densen. I am looking to buy a 2nd hand 400-beat plus but after reading the reviews I was put off by the bit that siad about the CDP's bass is not very good!

You are living with it for a while now, would you recomended the player? (I heard the standard 400 and 400XS)

thx

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="al7478"]Nah, wasnt worf it at all.[/quote]

What were you expecting Al?

If i post without asking that first, my question would be lost in 1000 of other post! and I really like to know this one
emotion-2.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It really depends on your system/room. I'm using Quad amplification, which is on the warm side, and large floorstanding speakers in a medium-sized, carpeted room with a fair amount of furniture. The Densen being on the slightly lean side is therefore not a bad thing for me (especially as I don't listen to much bass-heavy music anyhow). Its midrange clarity is of more interest to me!

Oh, and I tried the Copland for a while - fantastic-sounding player, but a real pig to live with. The interface drove us mad after a while, so that moved on....

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Thanks, interesting read

This also a great example that buying the supertest winner will not always get the best out of your system.

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]This also a great example that buying the supertest winner will not always get
the best out of your system.[/quote]

I think that's an excellent point well made!
All hi-fi enthusiasts should take note.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]If i post without asking that first, my question would be lost in 1000 of other post! and I really like to know this one
emotion-2.gif
[/quote]

So it's like PMQs now, where you have to announce your intention to ask a question before you actually ask it?

Thaiman: 'Would the honorable lady inform us as to her engagements for today'

Clare: 'I refer the honorable gentleman to my previous answer'

All: 'Bear bear bear bear'

Mr Speaker: 'Order'

Thaiman: 'Could I also ask the honorable lady if she would agree with me that the Densen is the better bet despite the fact -'

All: 'Bear bear bear'

Thaiman: (raises his voice) 'DESPITE THE FACT that her OWN PARTY voted for the Primare and in fact put the Densen in third place.'

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
emotion-21.gif

Though of course the Densen i'm using is the updated version of the one in the test to which the honourable gentleman refers
emotion-2.gif

And yes, it does show the importance of auditioning, system-matching and not overlooking four-star products - which could be ideal for your set-up and tastes in music. All things we say in every test and every issue.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Order....Order

Andrew, you crack me up sir
emotion-2.gif

I wouldn't normally do that, honest....I just didn't have any time to find out about the Den (deal beging) and I couldn't think of anyone else that own the PLUS version. You just never know one day Clare might need to ask me "How to make Thai green Curry"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts