Chord Rumour or Carnival Silverscreen

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I found these online with negligible price difference - Chord Rumour 2 and Carnival Silverscreen. Is Rumour actually better, being much older cable and all?

A

Anonymous

Thanks Matthew.

Mods - can u move this thread to Accessories forum? (just realized it existed)

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
matthewpiano:Rumour 2 is the better cable, being based on a much more expensive Chord speaker cable. I use Rumour 2 and its fantastic stuff.

I would say it's better, purely because it's higher up the Chord food chain. I have had the Rumour 2 and it's very good and then I got the Odyssey 4 and it's better.

A

Anonymous

The reason I was wondering is because Carnival Silverscreen is a new cable so maybe benefited from some recent R&D whereas Rumour was Chord's first speaker cable...

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
chainrock:The reason I was wondering is because Carnival Silverscreen is a new cable so maybe benefited from some recent R&D whereas Rumour was Chord's first speaker cable...

Why not go to their website and email them - they are very good with responses and they will explain the differences of the cables.

A

Anonymous

Bit the bullet and ordered the Odyssey 2 with terminations for not a bad price of £11.25m... no more upgrading speaker cables! (I hope)

A

Anonymous

I had the Chord Rumour 4 (bi-wired) and the Chord Carnival Silver Screen Plus - the Rumour is the better cable, undoubtedly.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
chainrock:Bit the bullet and ordered the Odyssey 2 with terminations for not a bad price of £11.25m... no more upgrading speaker cables! (I hope)

Good choice, for that price, you will not beat that cable!!

A

Anonymous

emotion-2.gif

I decided to single wire with a better cable than bi-wire with lesser one (Chord recommends that, too).

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
chainrock:Bit the bullet and ordered the Odyssey 2 with terminations for not a bad price of £11.25m... no more upgrading speaker cables! (I hope)

Great price! May I ask where from?

A

Anonymous

Here.

They sell for 15/m unterminated but I got 2x2m with terminations for 75, so if you deduct 30 pounds they charge for terminations that works out to 11.25/m... Anyhow, 75 was cheapest I found for the package.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
chainrock:

Here.

They sell for 15/m unterminated but I got 2x2m with terminations for 75, so if you deduct 30 pounds they charge for terminations that works out to 11.25/m... Anyhow, 75 was cheapest I found for the package.

Many thanks! Hope you are happy with them.

A

Anonymous

They were supposed to arrive Friday but didn't. I am hoping on Monday, as my new speakers should be arriving then, too.

A

Anonymous

survivor - I got the cables today (along with my new RS6s!) and hooked them up. I had to pinch the spring hard with some heavy duty tools to get them in! These are some tough springs!

Sound is good - but hard to compare as i swapped speakers at the same time as cables.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
chainrock:

survivor - I got the cables today (along with my new RS6s!) and hooked them up. I had to pinch the spring hard with some heavy duty tools to get them in! These are some tough springs!

Sound is good - but hard to compare as i swapped speakers at the same time as cables.

Glad they`ve arrived. I`m interested in your experiences because I`m seriously considering getting some Odyssey. Thing is I need 2 x 9 metres which is going to cost a fair bit. Hard to compare as you say because of changing speakers at the same time. Which cables/speakers did you have previously?

A

Anonymous

I had QED SA XT before (used with MA BR2s). Rumour is the came construction and materials as Odyssey but Odyssey is a bit beefier - may as well go with Rumour since its a bit cheaper and you do need a long run. Recently I bid and missed an auction on ebay for 7meters of terminated Odyssey by 10 cents...(!) so look there maybe.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
chainrock:I had QED SA XT before (used with MA BR2s). Rumour is the came construction and materials as Odyssey but Odyssey is a bit beefier - may as well go with Rumour since its a bit cheaper and you do need a long run. Recently I bid and missed an auction on ebay for 7meters of terminated Odyssey by 10 cents...(!) so look there maybe.

Be interested to hear your thoughts on your RS6s...

A

Anonymous

The Odyssey 2 is the best value for money cable I've come across and I paid £16/m a couple of years ago. From the first moment I heard it I knew I had made a cracking choice. I now have Epic, which although does bring improvements it's not worth double the Odyssey, or my system is not good enough to reveal that difference.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
chainrock:I had QED SA XT before (used with MA BR2s). Rumour is the came construction and materials as Odyssey but Odyssey is a bit beefier - may as well go with Rumour since its a bit cheaper and you do need a long run. Recently I bid and missed an auction on ebay for 7meters of terminated Odyssey by 10 cents...(!) so look there maybe.

Coincidentally QED SA XT is what I currently have though used with B&W 685`s. For the most part I don`t need 9 metres but if I have a party in the summer it`s nice to move the speakers nearer to where everyone is. So you got me thinking about the price difference with the Rumour and then Octopo makes me think back the other way! Think I`ll contact the place you bought yours from and see what quotes I can get on both cables.

Let us all know how things develop with your new gear.

A

Anonymous

If you need 9 meters just for the party - get your proper setup with Odyssey and get cheap cable (less than 1 pound/metre) for the party. During parties people rarely care about how great your hi-fi sounds, its more about background noise anyway. For such purposes I keep 15 metres of cheap Monster cable!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts