Chord Rumour 2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Chord Rumour 2 is a significant improvement over the Carnival Silverscreen? The description for the Rumour 2 is that it uses silver-plated oxygen free copper. Does this mean that it will tend to sound bright and maybe not match components like the Cambridge Audio 650 range? Should I stick to the Carnival Silverscreen as the Rumour 2 is about twice the price of the Carnival Silverscreen?

Which ever I go for, it will not be terminated.

Are there any other speaker cables that are a similar price to the Chord's C Silversreen (apart from QED Silver Anniversary XT) that are as good or better?

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I have never used Rumour 2, but I have the next one up, Odyssey 2 and it's similar in construction, just a little thicker. Nobody likes the term "bright", but this Odyssey 2 cable is definately more detailed and acute than the all copper cable I used prior to the Odyssey.

I would not call it strident since I don't wince when it's playing, but I could definately see someone preferring a less sharp sounding treble if they had cool sounding electronics.

For my system, I really like the Odyssey cable. When I switch back to the AQ copper cable, I miss the clean detail provided by this cable. On the other hand, the AQ copper cable allows for a more relaxed sound with higher volumes. There's also more bass.

A

Anonymous

I upgraded my cable from some oldish vivanco stuff to Chord Rumour 2 and the improvement was significant. The silverscreen cable is apparently really good but when I looked at it in the shop it is about as thick as a garden hose!!

A

Anonymous

You should notice improvement across the entire frequency range. Rumour2 is very good and Odyssey2 is a bit better (thicker conductors). These cables do not rob the system of bass (bright) or detail (warm) - they are fantastically transparent.

cayorob

May 4, 2009
Visit site
I've just upgraded to Rumour 2 from QED Silver Ann XT. The QED was to bright for my set up, the treble verging on harsh at higher volumes. My dealer kindly lent me the chord silverscreen for a week which was an improvement over the QED but on his advice and for practicality i went for the Rumour 2.

Glad i did too. Although it is silver plated it is a very well rounded cable and completely cured my harshness. It's also noticably better than the Silverscreen in my opinion. Just seems more involving. I guess that could depend on electronics though.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies. I have Silverscreen for one of my systems and its good so am looking forward to getting Rumour 2 for the other.

BluePotato

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Long shot but don't suppose you got a chance to compare the Silverscreen to Chord Rumour 2? I'm running a Leema Pulse into Spendor A5's and went for Silverscreen, I've since heard that I should get a good jump in performance with Rumour. Curious to know if there is a noticeable difference?

BluePotato said:
Long shot but don't suppose you got a chance to compare the Silverscreen to Chord Rumour 2? I'm running a Leema Pulse into Spendor A5's and went for Silverscreen, I've since heard that I should get a good jump in performance with Rumour. Curious to know if there is a noticeable difference?

I use the Odyssey 2 and it's very detailed, counterbalanced by a stronger bass. Must say though, the SilverScreen is an awesome cable for the money.

How's the rDac sounding?

BluePotato

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah rDAC is sounding good. Funny one though, really impressed me early on, not sure if my ears are just getting used to it now of if there is a 'dip' somewhere but overall feel I should be getting more from this set up still.....

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
BluePotato said:

Yes I bought the Rumour 2 a couple of years ago but didn't compare directly on the same system. In the end I decided to go for thicker copper cable from Van Damme which I prefer. I'm still using the silverscreen by Chord in another system. I would stick with thick copper cable if I were you and save some money. The good thing about the Rumour 2 cable is the shielding is white and much thinner in diameter than the silverscreen so easier to hide in the room.

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Have you considered Van Damme LC OFC Speaker cable, I tried some and thought it at least as good if not better than cable at 3x it's price ie QED Revelation, Atlas Hyper.

I went for 4mm but I think 2.5mm may have also been adequate, thought was one of my better/cheaper purchases.

Good Luck

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Shanka said:
Hi, Have you considered Van Damme LC OFC Speaker cable, I tried some and thought it at least as good if not better than cable at 3x it's price ie QED Revelation, Atlas Hyper. I went for 4mm but I think 2.5mm may have also been adequate, thought was one of my better/cheaper purchases.

+1 :)

I am now using Odyssy 4 which is very detailed and not bright at all. I also used to have Van Damme LC-OFC speaker cables sometime back and I found them really good in considering their quality and price. When compared with Odyssy the sound is softer and the HF is rolled off a bit but by not much. It is worth serious consideration.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts