Chord Power Cable

jakesaunders27

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi

Im thinking of buying the Chord SuperScreen power cables for hy hifi seperates and just wondered does it make a difference if plugged into a extension lead and are they worth the £65 each bearing in mind i have 2 seperates

cheers

jake

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
What HiFi says:" There's a greater purity to audio and the cable focuses more on the nuances of music" - , so clearly some people like them, although how a cable can focus on anything I don't know. If you can try them on sale or return and you having useful to do with your life you could listen to them - personally I think the price of a blu-ray player for two mains cables is madness.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Yes they will IMO make a difference. Any shielded cable will.

Expect more of a difference with your source equipment. Lesser so with the power amp side of things.

If you are reasonably offay with electrics then you can make a good quality lead using belden cable an mk tough plug and a decent IEC connector. Also replace the wall socket with a switchless one.

Enjoy

iceman16

Try some chord powerchord if you can get s/h. I'm using powerchord throughout my set up with great result. Start with the source first. Lower noise floor compare to standard mains leads. I've tried different brands but I settle for the powerchords.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
chudleighpaul said:
hammill said:
What HiFi says:" There's a greater purity to audio and the cable focuses more on the nuances of music"

They would say that, they have to keep their advertisers happy.
Such a lazy accusation. The happiness or otherwise of advertisers has no bearing whatsoever on our reviewing process. Never has, never will.

A

Anonymous

Personally, I have heard massive improvements by changing mains cables, conditioners, power supplies etc. There are lots of people out there that think they're complete nonsense - just leave them to it, they're the ones missing out.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, nobody has ever been able to measure any difference between mains cables using scientific instruments.

If you have a problem with with crackles and pops, a Tacima will suffice. About £26, it won't break the bank.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts