Chord Odyssey to RS6s - birwire or not?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I initially single-wired my RS6's with my Alpha 9 integrated amp and they sounded great

I then bi-wired them using both sets of speakers outputs on the amp and there was definitly a difference. The bass was fuller and better timed, the midrange again improved with timing and the treble had better clarity. Theyve stayed bi-wired ever since and are soon to be bi-amped.

I'd say go for bi-wire. If you dont have 2 sets of putputs on your amp just go 2 to 4.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Dan. I have an 840A which has speaker A and speaker B inputs. Do I just connect one speaker to the reds and blacks of speaker A and then the same for speaker B and then have speaker A/B selected on the amp?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Yes thats right.

I use SP1 (speaker A so to speak) for the tweeters/mid/bass driver and SP2 (speaker B) for the bass drivers.

Not sure how you've got your speaker cable set but i have always gone 'middle 2 cables' top and 'outer 2 cables' bottom. Thats if you've got bi-wire cable. If youve just got 2 sets of speaker wire then its the same more or less.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts