Chord interconnects

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
As i have mentioned in a previous post i will be buying 12m (4x3m for each speaker to enable me to bi-amp) to replce/demo against my QED Silver Anniversary bi-wire. What i'd like is some suggestions for matching Chord interconnects to go from my CDP to integrated amp and my power amp to inegrated amp.

A

Anonymous

I would recomend Chord Anthem2 interconnects, either as balenced (XLR) or the more comonly used RCA (PHONO). Althought if your components support XLR, go for these, as the sound is much more open and detailed, with greather dynamics imo.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]I have the original Chord Anthem interconnects which I recently bought to replace the Cobra 3. Absolutely amazing difference - brilliant detail and tonality.[/quote]
The Chameleon Silver Plus is excellent and £125 for a metre which is quite good value. This is where Chord interconnects start for serious use as far as I'm concerned. The Chord Odyssey 2 speaker wire is very nice too :)

A

Anonymous

I've always wondered, is the internal cabling of an integrated amp (from the pre to the power) better than a £50 interconnect from a seperate pre-power set-up?

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails, I notice you have the Gotham GAC-1 in your arsenal , how does this compare with the Chord cables you use in your opinion?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I have it as my interconnect from pre out on my AV receiver to my stereo amp. It cannot compare to the Anthem (although was similar in quality to the Cobra 3) when used from cdp to amp. But for £15 it does the job perfectly. If you are on a budget, you cannot go far wrong.

A

Anonymous

Agreed. Nice IC's. Chorus is even better if you can afford it.

A

Anonymous

It definitely looks like an upgrade price wise. I was considering upgrading my Gotham IC to a Van Den Hul The Name, looking to tone down the top end slightly, although I enjoy the detailed sound. Think this will make a significant difference?

A

Anonymous

Sorry, you are right. Anthem is better than Chorus. Sorry again.

A

Anonymous

I saw that you have Denon DVD 1940 player. I also have one. Nice player for money.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Hughes123"]I've always wondered, is the internal cabling of an integrated amp (from the pre to the power) better than a £50 interconnect from a seperate pre-power set-up?[/quote]

Shhhhh, don't spoil their fun. ;o)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="gpi"][quote user="Hughes123"]I've always wondered, is the internal cabling of an integrated amp (from the pre to the power) better than a £50 interconnect from a seperate pre-power set-up?[/quote]

Shhhhh, don't spoil their fun. ;o)[/quote]
Yet another reason to buy a pre/power combo and use the cable you prefer... ;-)

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
My interconnects before my Cobra 3 was The Name by VDH. I would not bother to be honest. In your set-up, the Gotham is fine. I doubt that you would notice any difference and you would be better off waiting to upgrade your cables until you upgrade your CDP and amp etc., To be honest my amp and speakers are great and although I am pleased with my CDP, it is a budget one, albeit a decent budget one. My Anthem retails for more money than the player!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]My interconnects before my Cobra 3 was The Name by VDH. I would not bother to be honest. In your set-up, the Gotham is fine. I doubt that you would notice any difference and you would be better off waiting to upgrade your cables until you upgrade your CDP and amp etc., To be honest my amp and speakers are great and although I am pleased with my CDP, it is a budget one, albeit a decent budget one. My Anthem retails for more money than the player![/quote]

I agree.
Dont think spending more money on interconnects will give you an improvement.
I have tried various interconnects in my system and its a case of diminshing returns as the cost rises.
Did blind testing of Chord Chorus 2 against van den hul D102 and I could not hear any difference.

TRENDING THREADS